DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Jackielou »

The one thing I know you can make with dryer lint also uusrs paraffin wax and cardboard egg cartons. As a Guide leader we used those tp make fire starters.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks for the suggestion.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Friday

I have taken advantage of the sale on pavers at Lowe's, almost 40% off. But I need to be near there on other business to maximize the trip. Both yesterday and today, I will be close by, so frugal. :D The credit union lady I spoke to on Wednesday regarding the savings account offered me a coupon to cover the cost of joining the credit union. I love coupons. I got her business card and she wrote coupon on it, so we will ask for her today. :) Hubs and I have decided that we don't like most of the so called sausage available in the stores. They taste like hot dogs. So hubs suggested we make our own using ground beef and spices. He pulled down a recipe and I have been hunting for the spices at the stores. I need smoked paprika. Save money and taste better. A foodie adventure. I am almost done with the big bag of used coffee grounds I got from Starbucks. I also have another container of crushed egg shells to add to it. Only takes a few minutes to get that all mixed up. Maybe today near dark. My kiddie pool gardens love it.

We got the 73% ground beef roll from Save a lot on sale. We like the fatty ground beef for burgers. And the leftover fat makes bacon and eggs taste great the next day. I have not bought any beef fat(50c/lb) for a long time. I don't have any room to store it and right now, the 73% is enough. I am glad hubs is on a high fat diet.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Saturday

When the workers were cleaning out the shed two years ago, I saved what looked liked the large stackable bread trays they use to deliver to stores. I have 5 of them. I am using them to hold my egg carton seedings and my toilet paper tube seedlings. Each tray holds a lot of pots and is lightweight enough to carry inside on a chilly night. Sometimes, you just have to save something even if you are not sure how you will recycle it.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sunday

I have a new coupon from Home Depot and they have the marble chips on sale. I have until the 7th, Wednesday. Good I am still busy with pavers.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Tuesday

I am excited to get a new driveway. I just don't like concrete. It gets green with slime here in Florida and it keeps water from recharging the aquifer. Hubs says the shell is good, but I am ready for something pretty. The problem with gravel or crushed stone is that it moves. But this grid system is supposed to hold it in place. It is recycled plastic which is good too. We will see if that can be done. This cost will come out of the inheritance money.

Hubs wants to go to the the window store this week. The ones that will do aluminum are far away. Since I do the driving, this week, my eye shot week, was not my first choice. I always want to be tip-top if I am driving any distance. Every store loves the vinyl, but none admit it warps in the heat. Glad I found that research paper that showed it warps in the heat. New windows will be expensive, but we kind of need them.