Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Momof2

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by Momof2 »

Thanks Janet. Yes, I am very lucky to have such a wonderful room-mate and best friend. I wish someone special would realize how wonderful he is. I cannot complain about my car. It lasted longer than I thought it would. Thanks for the hug.

Thanks Dgflorida. Can you believe how cool the weather has been here in Florida- great for the electric bill!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I cannot believe how cool it has been here in Florida this year, Momof2
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have been busy doing spring cleaning. I can only do about 10 min at a time and then rest for a an hour or two or longer but it is nice to see progress. I was out of Murphy's oil soap to wash down furniture, but while looking through my cleaning supplies shelf to see if I had somehow stuffed a bottle in the back, found a wood restorative product I had forgotten about, and never even opened up, so I have been using it.. Very nice product and I have two bottles on my cleaning supplies shelf in the utility room. I really need to go through things and organize what I have so that I know what is here and needs to be used up.

Working my way through the freezer and fridge to use what I have on hand.I like being able to go on line to find recipes for certain ingredients that need to be used but my mind is a blank as to what to do.. I never have been a cook since I worked full time and never had a family so never made the effort to do anything other than basic things. Enjoying making new things with what I have on hand. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

Hello fellow frugals,

I just wanted to post that I have 2 no spend days so far this month. One of them was last week and the other was the previous week before that and I wasn't even sick! I am just tickled pink. I Never have no spend days anymore. I may not spend much; but, I do seem to spend every day. I give credit to the posting on this forum. Just wanted to share some positive frugal news.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ephofma wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:47 pm Hello fellow frugals,

I just wanted to post that I have 2 no spend days so far this month. One of them was last week and the other was the previous week before that and I wasn't even sick! I am just tickled pink. I Never have no spend days anymore. I may not spend much; but, I do seem to spend every day. I give credit to the posting on this forum. Just wanted to share some positive frugal news.
ephofma Good for you.. I do think having the support of others on the forum helps me too.. Keep up the good work. My feelings are it is better to have tried and maybe not achieved the goal but it is better than not trying at all. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2

Post by Momof2 »

I have managed to stay out of the grocery store one more week. I am continuing to use what is on hand. I used a cup of cranberries from the freezer along with some orange marmalade that needs using from the fridge in some cranberry-orange muffins. I also boiled some eggs to have for quick breakfasts this coming week. Those paired with home-made yogurt with fruit, and the muffins makes a nice variety for breakfasts. I cooked the corned beef yesterday and used a ½ head of cabbage along with the rest of the baby carrots. We will use the left-over corned beef later in the week to make Reuben Sandwiches. I have white beans soaking to use put in the crockpot to use is soup for dinner tomorrow and lunches later in the week along with salad. I used two of the mini-turkey meatloaves from the freezer along with some green beans and made mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner- will have the last turkey loaf along with green beans and mashed potatoes with gravy for lunch tomorrow. RM is not working, so he will have cereal for breakfast to use up some of the almond milk that needs using and the left-over barbecue chicken and fruit for lunch tomorrow.

My electric bill continues to be lower due to the lower than usual temperatures here in Florida this month, so that helps with saving money too.