Daily Check in March 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in March 23, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 pm Jackie, I hope you are going to be okay with that weather. And Janet and her doggie nephew too!

This morning I got up with such a nasty headache that I really did not want to go to work, but toughed it out because there's just so much that has to be done. I won't be going to a work event tonight, though, as I'm planning to take a shower and go to bed shortly after getting home.

Aside from two packages of dates and dog food/treats/supplements, I have not spent any money this week.
Mackie I do hope you can get in to see a Dr soon to help you with your severe headaches.. Sending a gentle ((hug)) and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.Glad this is Friday and you can take some time to rest and take care of yourself. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:05 pm Jackie, I’m glad that you can stay indoors and hope that you don’t get the 10 inches you mentioned yesterday.

For those interested, I just read that Jimmy Carter will be interviewed by Jane Pauley on CBS Sunday Morning this Sunday. I knew that the CBS cameras were at the church when I was there. And for those Trump supporters, I read that President Carter says something nice about Trump regarding North Korea. (President Carter is a better person than I am!) President Carter didn’t mention Trump or North Korea specifically during our class. But he began by saying that when he became president the DOD explained our nuclear capability to him and he realized that he (and any president) has the ability to wipe out mankind because of retaliation. He said that fact is what weighed on him most heavily when he was president. CBS Sunday Morning is on at 9 a.m. I think.
Florida cat Thank you for the heads up. I usually watch Jane but I will tape it just encase I get busy and forget.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good afternoon,

So DH is tired of driving, and driving me around, Luckily I stopped taking the "pain meds" yesterday, so I should be able to start driving Monday.

I go in on Thurs for PT.

I walked BB this morning, and she must have almost thought that we were racing. :lol: not really, but she was walking fast, I had my cane, but I was carrying it mostly :o

The dog walker tells me that BB runs with her, the dog walker does come back sometimes out of breath.

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

We are having some weird weather.

Started out sunny but now overcast. At least there is a nice breeze.

Had a busy morning. A little stressful to me due to the conversations we had. It is just me of course.

And then the little outing i thought was on for tomorrow had to be cancelled. No one wanted to go after all. Wah - i do have to say that i need to make other going out partners. The usual suspects and i don't have the same interests.

So i'm kind of feeling blah about that.

:cry:
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:00 pm We are having some weird weather.

Started out sunny but now overcast. At least there is a nice breeze.

Had a busy morning. A little stressful to me due to the conversations we had. It is just me of course.

And then the little outing i thought was on for tomorrow had to be cancelled. No one wanted to go after all. Wah - i do have to say that i need to make other going out partners. The usual suspects and i don't have the same interests.

So i'm kind of feeling blah about that.

:cry:
Clem I know what you mean about finding people with similar interests. Most of my friends have passed away and I need to find a new outlet somewhere. My aide is ok, .. the woman has a Phd, but we are not all that compatible. We do have some interesting conversations but I need to widen my circle. Good luck in your search. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

This topic of finding people to do stuff with reminds me of when we first built this house and I had been chatting with a lady who lives a couple of houses down from us. She had said that she had been trying to lose weight so I asked her if she'd like to join me in my daily (weather permitting) walk.

Not only did she say NO, she said that she doesn't do anything that has even the slightest possibility of sweating... !!!

Oh, OK...
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17