Daily check in April 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in April 15, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning. Just to get us started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in April 15, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

Today, that nasty storm that has marched across the country will reach us here in Florida. High winds and strong storms are expected. However, they think not before noon, so I can drive down to Winn Dixie, walk from there to the Dollar Tree to buy cheap sunglasses and then walk back and buy on sale chicken and tomatoes, then head over to save a lot for a few things.

Yesterday was the last day of the big spring sale at Home Depot. I got more landscape timbers and some gazania flowers I had been eyeing for awhile. I also finished the final bed in my front yard garden. I covered the timber framed, leaf filled garden bed with some free mulch. I also covered the plastic bag lined pathways with mulch. I only had time to give my new flowers a good soaking before dark. No time to plant.

I feel conflicted about all the shopping/spending I have done this last week, but I do believe I will use the materials I bought.

We signed with this window company for high impact windows, but it will be months before they have them made and installed. And we are expecting a strong hurricane season. A little nervous since it will be hurricane season before they are installed, but nothing we can do about it. I am also waiting on the new kitchen floor and the driveway. (sigh)

So I am planning for an afternoon inside where I can wash dishes in the tub or bathroom sink since my kitchen faucet is still broken. And cleaning house a bit. If the weather outside is gentle, I may re-pot some plants under the porch awning.

Hubs is not sure he can walk today and if it rains, we won't try. He is without his pain medication now, day 3 of his 7 days. Sometimes, the pain gets severe and he only makes it 6 days. I checked my weight this morning and I am down a bit. It may not hold, but it is always nice to start the day a bit thinner.

I hope everyone who is injured heals well and soon. Have a good day everyone. Be safe.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining again this morning, and the temperatures are hovering just below freezing. I am hoping for not a bad day.

Having my first cup of coffee before doing exercises, and making my lists for household chores next week. I also have to transfer appointments to the list as well. Seems the older I get the more I need to have things written down so I can see how planned my week is.

There will be no spending today, it is not the week we use our envelopes at Mass, and I have absolutely no inclination to head out to the store to spend just for the sake of spending. Instead I will stay home and putz around the house doing things I enjoy and perhaps visiting my friend for coffee at some point. Days where I get to do as I please after a very short list of chores are few and far between.

Frugality speaking the usual will be happening here. You all do the same, lights off in rooms not in use, vents and doors closed in rooms not in use, drapes open to take advantage of the light and heat from the sun and of course cooking from scratch. It is amazing to me how little things add up to big savings over the course of a year.

I did get my sewing machine re-threaded yesterday, but as the clouds moved in my urge to sew seemed to disappear. Hopefully today I can get started, but first I have to find where I put my tracing wheel...this pattern has darts that need to be marked before anything else is done.

I managed to get another 8 rows of the blanket knitted, and a colour change. I am working on a very small ball of grey and then will change back to the burgundy to finish it off.

Supper this evening is going to be roast chicken, roasted potatoes, and the remaining carrots roasted as well. The leftovers will be packaged up and used in other meals, usually one a couple of days after the roast meal and the other later yet.

Today I am grateful for another day of decent weather, I managed two walks of 7 blocks each and I hope to do the same today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning it is a blustery day with a temp of 37 F which feels like 32 F. We are expecting rain off and on and " a few snow flakes" later on.I will be puttering in the kitchen.. I had a bad reaction to my rye soda bread due to the rye flour.. bummer. So I will have to make something with almond flour or gluten free flours.I will freeze the bread and give it to my aide when she comes on Tuesday. I had given her a couple of slices to take with her and she had a half slice with butter before she left and loved it.

Have a good day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I didn’t sleep well last night.

It is windy and humid here and we are supposed to have strong storms this afternoon. So I ran out right after breakfast to return my Redbox and go to CVS where I still had my $3 coupon which expired today.

I’m going to stay home and work on my genealogy. If it clears by early evening I’ll go to mom’s house to put out the stuff for the big trash pick up. Otherwise I’ll try to go over there early tomorrow morning to put it out.

I’ve decided not to go to my neighbor’s luncheon next week. After reading more about the group, it is Christian women who each donate $1k a year which goes to grants for local Christian businesses. They have 50+ members now and their goal is 100 members. Nice idea but I don’t want to even hint that I want to join so I’ll skip the lunch.

Stay safe, warm and out of the bad weather today.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful sunny chilly morning here in south texas. It is 50 degrees with a bright sun and I love it. Not windy. Just need a very light jacket.

Slept great last night. Benadryl probably helped, but I was all itchy too. A relative that lives just down the street is having the same itch problems. Maybe the water??

Anyway getting ready to go have breakfast with family. This family (brother/wife/grandson) stayed in a hotel. They like to be able to come and go without disturbing people. LOL

After have to go do my volunteer gig. And then a big sigh of relief until next year.

Have a great day.