Daily Check in April 24, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in April 24, 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

WOW !!!!

Sadly, much of the stuff is from his closed business, and much of it is useless for the business, out of date broken.

I am hoping that my SIL may be able to take some of the smaller stuff and sell it , and of course she could keep the money.

I am assuming that it will work out one way or another.

IC
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:53 pm WOW !!!!

Sadly, much of the stuff is from his closed business, and much of it is useless for the business, out of date broken.

I am hoping that my SIL may be able to take some of the smaller stuff and sell it , and of course she could keep the money.

I am assuming that it will work out one way or another.

IC
IC,

You would be amazed at what people will pick up if it's free. I had some junk left over from our business and I didn't have the time to try and sell it, like fry baskets and I put them out at my house and someone took them. They would have had to have a commercial fryer to use them, but maybe they were barters or something and figured they could trade something for them.

I would take some of the stuff that I could carry and set it by the curb and just see. We have people in our town that will take any junk you want to get rid of it, if it's free.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I have also done "place at curb with FREE sign" and they disappear. I only do 1 or 2 items at a time and on Saturdays. I am always prepared to bring things back to the house if they don't disappear. Don't need to aggravate the neighbors.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

dlrcpa wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:11 pm I have also done "place at curb with FREE sign" and they disappear. I only do 1 or 2 items at a time and on Saturdays. I am always prepared to bring things back to the house if they don't disappear. Don't need to aggravate the neighbors.
dlrcpa, my thoughts exactly.
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Evening All. Busy day. I was up a little after 4:00 a.m. for awhile and back to sleep by 5:00. Up again at 7:30 to tie my dogs out - one at a time - and go take care of the dogs I'm "dog-sitting".

I managed to alternate some household tasks with resting my knee today. Got the bird feeder filled, tightened the knob on the back door, picked up some sticks out in the lawn, sorted some recycling.

I am beat. One more trip to where I'm dog sitting and tie Lucy and Hope out one more time and I will be calling it a night early.

I hope you are all doing well.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Thank you all for your ideas :lol:

The garage door people came by today and they will come by on Thurs and put a new spring in for FREE !!!! YEAH !!!!!

So I will try to put some stuff out and see what happens.

The guy also suggested going by home depot and seeing if anyone will haul stuff. so Friday I will start being busy.!!!!!!

Thank you !!!!

IC
Last edited by icfrugal1 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.