DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: DeCluttering

Post by Jackielou »

I am up to a total of 145 items. Still need to rid myself on 30 items. As I dress in the morning I am going to be ruthless. If I don't think it fits right, the item is gone!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Sold the spare violin (3/4 size, my giraffe-like musician outgrew it). Only took 6 months of Craigslisting, LOL. Charming family bought it.

Still trying to sell the indoor/outdoor rug. I should also list some framed art that I've collected over the years but while they're pretty neutral - still life watercolor, landscape prints - art is hard to get rid of.

It's also like cars. New is expensive but resale, if you can even find a buyer, is horrible. Some of it I would part with just for enthusiasm on the part of the person who wants it. You like it that much? Here, take it home. No, really, take. it. home. Because otherwise I will eventually, Lord willing, only have to schlepp it to another house, and the less I have to move in the full-bore heat of an Oklahoma summer, the happier I'll be.
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

Thank you Jackielou!
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

I had a Thrift Store appointment today. I took in 10 items from closets, 5 items from my office and another 5 items from around other parts of the house. I believe this brings me up to 65 items decluttered. Also, I am trying real hard not to bring anything that isn't absolutely necessary into the house.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Been awhile as there really has not been much decluttering happening here until the past week or so.

Hubby decluttered the back room and all the tiny pieces of wood, plastic, flooring and other items are not all over the floor. They are out the door and into his truck ready for the dump.

We decluttered an old phone, some old cords, some plasticware, and some old t-shirts of Hubbys'. All told I think we managed to rid ourselves of 35 items.

So up to 185 for the year. Hopefully more will go by the end of August. I am still pretty far away from the 500 items I thought I could declutter.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
rinty

Post by rinty »

So cross I have allowed clutter back in since we downsized in 2014. I will attack in the coming week, I don't count each item but that might be motivating so I'll give that a go.

Goal......kitchen "stuff". OUT
DH clothes...........he has 11 suits, he wears maybe ONE every few months. OFF To the SAlvation Army ot local charity shop in an immigrant area where they'll be popular for workwear.

Toys in bedroom 2. Noone plays with BRIO now and we have bucket loads of it. Lots of toys need a purge.

Bedroom 3. THE NIGHTMARE which is the craftroom/DS paperwork room. DS paperwork could and does fill the entire room. The craft stuff still overwhelms me even running a danged craft club. I bring NONE of it back either, my collegue takes it to herhouse, bless her, she seems to enjoy rifling it. I could do the club for 10 years out of that flippin' room !!!!!

I intend to divide the room into DS stuff..................craft stuff ...........and sentimental stuff that gets thrustin there. Example a popsicle stick with apainted clay head I made CIRCA 1965. I have kept that thing long enough !!!!!