Daily check in May 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in May 13, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

DS made it over in time for 7:30 Mass. We have Fr. "Fast" Jack, his sermon was short even for him today, about 3 minutes. So we were at Bob Evan's by 8:40. So we got a table for 8 right away. We beat the crowd.

DGS2 is still not quite himself. Of course he was better after eating a bit. My Mom and Dad joined joined us. DS1 & DDIL gave me a necklace with 2 charms engraved with both DS's names and birthstones. DS2's gift was going to Church with me and buying me breakfast. So a great Mother's day. DS2 is napping. He works in about an hour. He's been burning the candle at both ends with the school musical. Tonight is the last night. Later today I will get in a walk. I also want to get some sewing done. Ive been saying that all week. I also need to go to the grocery.

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:48 am Good Morning,

DS made it over in time for 7:30 Mass. We have Fr. "Fast" Jack, his sermon was short even for him today, about 3 minutes. So we were at Bob Evan's by 8:40. So we got a table for 8 right away. We beat the crowd.

DGS2 is still not quite himself. Of course he was better after eating a bit. My Mom and Dad joined joined us. DS1 & DDIL gave me a necklace with 2 charms engraved with both DS's names and birthstones. DS2's gift was going to Church with me and buying me breakfast. So a great Mother's day. DS2 is napping. He works in about an hour. He's been burning the candle at both ends with the school musical. Tonight is the last night. Later today I will get in a walk. I also want to get some sewing done. Ive been saying that all week. I also need to go to the grocery.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie nice to hear you had a good Mother's Day with your family. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My daughter, took me out to breakfast at McDonalds. I had an Egg McMuffin meal, then we came back to my apartment and just visited. My favorite eat out breakfast is just too crowded to enjoy on Mother's Day. It is very busy even on weekday morning.

We had a nice visit. I showed her my latest and what I have done of my grandson's graduation a Tiny Laptop. I gave my granddaughters, a Tiny Graduate. But I didn’t think he would like a “doll”.

I am very tired today. I am not sure why. But I plan on resting a lot.

Not much else is new.

Penny
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Wishing all of our moms a Happy Mother's Day!!!

My mother has been gone for 8.5 years and Daddy passed away 4.5 months ago, so I'm an orphan now. But I do have good memories that I cherish.

A friend of mine had crummy parents and they are both gone now. BUT she does give thanks that they gave her life. I'm glad they did because my friend is a great person.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Mother's Day to all. My DH made breakfast for me and kids/grandkids.
DH, my oldest DGD and I are volunteering at our community theater this afternoon and then my DS is taking us all out for dinner.
A perfect Mother's Day for me...:)
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Maggie, a 3 minute sermon could be written on an index card. That is impressive! :-D

My DS gave me a cute card and DH is replacing a broken toilet seat. I suspect somebody stood on it, but have not asked.

I plan to be lazy today, which means just basic chores and leaving the heavy lifting to the guys. Happy Mothers Day to all you moms.
Mackie