Daily check in May 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in May 13, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Mothers day all

Another warm sunny day in south texas. More heat to come!

I'm still lounging around. I think i'm going to stop the cough syrup. Not coughing up as much and it is making me all blah feeling. It is the kind with codeine. I'll stick to the antibiotics and keep drinking water. I have no get up and go.

The COD is still in bed. The pups have been out a couple of times. He will go get me breakfast for my fur mom day!

Have a good one
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I caved in and turned on the A/C.. It is going to be really hot this afternoon and I think it is best to shut the windows and doors now and turn the A/C on to get the humidity out and then turn the A/C up to a higher temp and use the ceiling fans.Also I have closed all of the curtains, drapes, and blinds.

I have been going in and out working on my deck cleaning out my terracotta pots.. Need to soak the strawberry roots for 20 min before they are planted so will take a break and do it after lunch.

The other day the center of my red onion was starting to sprout so I divided the sprouts in to three sections and stuck them a pot of dirt in my kitchen. They are already forming new onions.. woo hoo. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Happy Mother's Day Frugals -

Thinking especially of you FCL and all others whose mamas are no longer with them. I miss my mama everyday and especially today.

On a lighter note - I have had a wonderful day. Firstly - a little mother's day gift from God - I slept last night with no pain to wake me. It was great. Miss Abigail got me a little rolling garden seat so now I can work in flower beds without sitting on the ground and struggling to get up. I have never regretted my new knees but I do miss being able to kneel.

Today hubs is making my favorite food - BBQ pork steak. I will bake some potatoes and make a salad to go with it. Other than that, I need to straighten up a little for the cleaners who are coming tomorrow. Tonight I hope to cross stitch and just enjoy the rest of the day.

Have a good one folks.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 pm Happy Mother's Day Frugals -

Thinking especially of you FCL and all others whose mamas are no longer with them. I miss my mama everyday and especially today.

On a lighter note - I have had a wonderful day. Firstly - a little mother's day gift from God - I slept last night with no pain to wake me. It was great. Miss Abigail got me a little rolling garden seat so now I can work in flower beds without sitting on the ground and struggling to get up. I have never regretted my new knees but I do miss being able to kneel.

Today hubs is making my favorite food - BBQ pork steak. I will bake some potatoes and make a salad to go with it. Other than that, I need to straighten up a little for the cleaners who are coming tomorrow. Tonight I hope to cross stitch and just enjoy the rest of the day.

Have a good one folks.
Lynn Happy Fur Baby Mother's Day to you.. Sweet of little Abbie to remember her Mama. I hope you can get up from your rolling garden seat. I bought one and it is still too low for me to get up from. So when you first try it out have someone standing by to assist you just in case..

Good to hear you were able to sleep and no pain to wake you up that is a blessing for sure.

Yum BBQ pork steaks .. They are one of my favorites as well but rarely have them since I am the only one here..

Enjoy the rest of your Mother's Day.. Your friend Janet
Janet Alliesmama
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Thank you Janet! Happy Furry Mother's Day to you too!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Jackielou wrote: I had probably the same trouble with liquid fertilizer. Did it burn your plants? I discovered that running water through and washing the fertilizer out did save a few of them. Now I make sure my plants are watered before fertilizing.

Unfortunately, I was not able to undo the damage. Eventually, some of them revived, but they lost a lot of health.