Daily check in May 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check in May 13, 2018

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Happy Mother's day!!

Just eating finished a lovely ham dinner. Dh made GF baking powder biscuits for breakfast, they were lovely and delicious!!

I just got a subbing call to work tomorrow. I “should” accept it, but last week’s 6th graders turned me off wanting to be at that school; plus I’m tired. However, I may go accept it as this teacher has 8th graders. 🙂 (Nevermind, no longer available.) I’m tired, but no more so than regular teachers are — most of the ones I know are counting down! This is the 2nd Subbing call that I've ignored this week... I know the teachers need help, but... *sigh*

Our dishwasher hasn't been rinsing, we've only had it since last August so I get to call about it tomorrow.

Sunny today but cool. We've got the windows open, but now I want my fleecy blanket and a nap.

Today I'm thankful for my family, sunshine and warmer weather.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:13 pm Happy Mother's Day Frugals -

Thinking especially of you FCL and all others whose mamas are no longer with them. I miss my mama everyday and especially today.

On a lighter note - I have had a wonderful day. Firstly - a little mother's day gift from God - I slept last night with no pain to wake me. It was great. Miss Abigail got me a little rolling garden seat so now I can work in flower beds without sitting on the ground and struggling to get up. I have never regretted my new knees but I do miss being able to kneel.

Today hubs is making my favorite food - BBQ pork steak. I will bake some potatoes and make a salad to go with it. Other than that, I need to straighten up a little for the cleaners who are coming tomorrow. Tonight I hope to cross stitch and just enjoy the rest of the day.

Have a good one folks.

My friend had both her knees done last November and says the same thing. She really misses being able to kneel.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Happy Mothers Day all,

The family took me to a swap meet this morning, it was really fun. Then to brunch but we ended up ordering from the menu instead of eating the brunch buffet because none of us was all that hungry. :?

I made homemade Spanish sauce and hot dogs, nachos and chips for supper at dads tonight. It tasted wonderful to all of us. By then I was starved....LOL.
It was a nod to my mom...she loved Spanish hotdogs. I miss her everyday.

I have had a really good day, just walked the dogs down the road...a one mile walk. I need to increase the distance but with out the dogs. I like to power walk.

It looks like we may get some rain tonight, hope to mow tomorrow morning.
have a great evening all,
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 7:17 pm Happy Mother's day!!

Just eating finished a lovely ham dinner. Dh made GF baking powder biscuits for breakfast, they were lovely and delicious!!

I just got a subbing call to work tomorrow. I “should” accept it, but last week’s 6th graders turned me off wanting to be at that school; plus I’m tired. However, I may go accept it as this teacher has 8th graders. 🙂 (Nevermind, no longer available.) I’m tired, but no more so than regular teachers are — most of the ones I know are counting down! This is the 2nd Subbing call that I've ignored this week... I know the teachers need help, but... *sigh*

Our dishwasher hasn't been rinsing, we've only had it since last August so I get to call about it tomorrow.

Sunny today but cool. We've got the windows open, but now I want my fleecy blanket and a nap.

Today I'm thankful for my family, sunshine and warmer weather.
Gayle Happy Mother's Day to you. So glad your DH made you special gf biscuits.. I have never been able to produce a good gf biscuit.Also nice that you had a lovely ham dinner to enjoy.

I cannot imagine how you manage to do all that you do so you can coast and not take every sub job that comes along.. I remember one of my patients was a student teacher and all she could talk about was her first classroom to student teach was coming up. The day after she came in for treatment and she was very quite. I finally asked her how her day went.. She was very emotional and said it was horrible. She said one of the kids even called her a " B ". It was a 6th grade class ! I do not know how and why kids are so disrespectful like they are now. Very sad statement about how kids are being raised these days. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:48 pm Thank you Janet! Happy Furry Mother's Day to you too!
Thank you Lynn..

I miss Allie and her picture is still on my fridge but Teddi does help to fill a little bit of the hole in my heart. Sometimes I do call him Allie but he forgives me...lol.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I didn't take the cough syrup today and I feel more awake.

I was just drowsing through the whole week! Feels like most of the junk is out. My throat doesn't hurt. Still taking my antibiotics. Those I won't quit until I finish the ten day dose.

I just lounged around all day.