Daily Check in May 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in May 15, 2018

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty (((HUGS))). Honey, you need all the hugs.

I saw the neuro-ophthalmologist today and my eyes are improving, so the plan is to continue the spinal fluid diurectic drug that kicks my behind with many nasty side effects. Am going to see my regular doc to get my blood tested for minerals and acidity levels so as to not keel over or get a kidney stone.

Things continue to be very grim at my job. We will be out of business before June is over, so I do not feel bad at all about job hunting now. Last night the board actually proposed not paying us! Idiots!

Otherwise all is well. Aside from spending money on the dogs and health care, we have been very frugal.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:33 pm Rinty (((HUGS))). Honey, you need all the hugs.

I saw the neuro-ophthalmologist today and my eyes are improving, so the plan is to continue the spinal fluid diurectic drug that kicks my behind with many nasty side effects. Am going to see my regular doc to get my blood tested for minerals and acidity levels so as to not keel over or get a kidney stone.

Things continue to be very grim at my job. We will be out of business before June is over, so I do not feel bad at all about job hunting now. Last night the board actually proposed not paying us! Idiots!

Otherwise all is well. Aside from spending money on the dogs and health care, we have been very frugal.
Mackie good to hear your eyes are improving.. Sorry about the side effects hope things get better in that area soon. Sorry to hear about the job situation.. Glad you are looking for a new job and hopefully you will get one soon. You owe no loyalty to this job since you have only did right by them and they have not done right by you and your other co-workers. Hope all of them will be safe and able to find new jobs as well. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Hey Everyone,

Thought I might not get to check back in before I leave on my trip, but tonight is my "home spa" night that I treat myself to weekly and I thought to myself. I am going to be sitting with my feet in the massage bath of vinegar and lavender oil so I can look at the board and just enjoy myself. That little spa foot bathe is one of the best presents my daughter ever gave us.

However, I will have to say that as I sit and admire my pretty fingernails that the manicure wasn't to shabby either. I am amazed at how great the cuticle looks for some reason. Maybe it's just the color of the polish. I don't think I've ever worn this color red before, I usually stay with a more subtle color, but DD thought I might enjoy this one and I think she's right. I don't have one in my fingernail stash this color, but I have one that is darker to use on my toes tonight that want be a terrible mismatch.

I went ahead an cut my yard today instead of getting clothes ready as I can do that tomorrow. It was cloudy at times and I got to thinking if it rains that would miss my yard cutting up tomorrow. I can always work inside. I didn't feel like cooking when I finished, so took myself down to Chick-fil-a for a Hot and Spicy sandwich. My Chick-fil-a has the nicest teenagers working there, I have never gotten bad service and they train them well to be nice and smiling. I always prided myself on teaching my employees to do everything with a smile and I like that. You can screw up and everyone does, but customer handle it better when you are have a nice smile and you take care of the problem.

Hope all of you that are fighting these allergies get better. Mr. B had to go to the Dr. this afternoon for his. He's been working in his yard and said there was lots of pollen on his porches and he was sneezing with a runny nose so he had a 3:20 appointment. I haven't talked to him, but hope she prescribed him something to make him feel better. I'd hate for him to be miserable this entire trip.

Mackie, your job situation justs sucks! Excuse my french. I know how excited you were when you changed jobs and hate it has turned out this way.

FloridaCat, hope you have a wonderful trip.

DGFlorida, you have to dig deep to find that patience when you are dealing with handymen. Sounds like you have still gotten a lot accomplished.

Penny I hope you get to feeling your old self soon.

Sure hope Patty in Memphis is doing ok. Wonder if she's had her surgery yet.

Clem, I think you just need to rest from your charitable stuff a little. Sometimes you can overload yourself.

Rinty, I wonder why in the world that Meghan's Dad would make an $#$! out of himself. Her family sounds like a piece of work and sounds like most of them are just jealous of her. I read somewhere that her brother wrote a letter to Harry telling him he was making a mistake for marrying her. She'd better not mess him over, we will all have her hide. LOL

Everyone have a wonderful evening and take care of yourselves.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm Hey Everyone,

Thought I might not get to check back in before I leave on my trip, but tonight is my "home spa" night that I treat myself to weekly and I thought to myself. I am going to be sitting with my feet in the massage bath of vinegar and lavender oil so I can look at the board and just enjoy myself. That little spa foot bathe is one of the best presents my daughter ever gave us.

However, I will have to say that as I sit and admire my pretty fingernails that the manicure wasn't to shabby either. I am amazed at how great the cuticle looks for some reason. Maybe it's just the color of the polish. I don't think I've ever worn this color red before, I usually stay with a more subtle color, but DD thought I might enjoy this one and I think she's right. I don't have one in my fingernail stash this color, but I have one that is darker to use on my toes tonight that want be a terrible mismatch.

I went ahead an cut my yard today instead of getting clothes ready as I can do that tomorrow. It was cloudy at times and I got to thinking if it rains that would miss my yard cutting up tomorrow. I can always work inside. I didn't feel like cooking when I finished, so took myself down to Chick-fil-a for a Hot and Spicy sandwich. My Chick-fil-a has the nicest teenagers working there, I have never gotten bad service and they train them well to be nice and smiling. I always prided myself on teaching my employees to do everything with a smile and I like that. You can screw up and everyone does, but customer handle it better when you are have a nice smile and you take care of the problem.

Hope all of you that are fighting these allergies get better. Mr. B had to go to the Dr. this afternoon for his. He's been working in his yard and said there was lots of pollen on his porches and he was sneezing with a runny nose so he had a 3:20 appointment. I haven't talked to him, but hope she prescribed him something to make him feel better. I'd hate for him to be miserable this entire trip.

Mackie, your job situation justs sucks! Excuse my french. I know how excited you were when you changed jobs and hate it has turned out this way.

FloridaCat, hope you have a wonderful trip.

DGFlorida, you have to dig deep to find that patience when you are dealing with handymen. Sounds like you have still gotten a lot accomplished.

Penny I hope you get to feeling your old self soon.

Sure hope Patty in Memphis is doing ok. Wonder if she's had her surgery yet.

Clem, I think you just need to rest from your charitable stuff a little. Sometimes you can overload yourself.

Rinty, I wonder why in the world that Meghan's Dad would make an $#$! out of himself. Her family sounds like a piece of work and sounds like most of them are just jealous of her. I read somewhere that her brother wrote a letter to Harry telling him he was making a mistake for marrying her. She'd better not mess him over, we will all have her hide. LOL

Everyone have a wonderful evening and take care of yourselves.
Libby have a great trip and enjoy yourself.. Be careful if Mr B is on any medication that might make him sleepy while driving.

Like the idea of spa day.. I should start to do something like that for myself.. I do do things like pedicures but it is hit and miss. It should be a day for taking care of myself like you do. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:54 am I woke up very early this morning. For some reason the joints in my hands really hurt.

I have packed most of what I know I will need at my daughter’s. Most important of course are my medications. I packed those yesterday in my back pack as they can’t stay in the car this time of year.

I have a load of dish towels in the dryer. I only have the one load of wash today. It will be finished before we leave for the oral Surgeon this morning. Elizabeth said

I always take my pillow to my daughter’s as the pillows on the guest bed are rocks. Not really but they sure feel like it.

Penny
Penny good luck with your dental implant procedure. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:30 pm Hey All

Jackie, have you tried growing herbs from seed ? We have had success with everything other than dill and basil. The oregano we have is grown in a large trough about 6ft long alongside rosemary, mint and sage. It comes back every year. Its about 2ft square right now, lovely thick growth.

Haven't planted the plants I got this weekend either, I am hardening them off as the weather has been so changeable. I want to get some flats of petunias or impatiens in pinks , pale purples or whites then I will be DONE ;) The only new planter I have this year is the tin that had lemon panettone in it that I got from COSTCO.

PRETTIEST TIN EVER.........in pale lemon and green with a tough of blue.

I need to put in for my extra hours this month, only about 8 hours but it all adds up.

More Tom stuff but I have lost the will to live over most if it, forked out another £200 as you do...........

This weekend will be very low key cost wise, we'll do a National Trust property if the weather is good to get out and about but otherwise No Spend, we are haemmoraging cash ........oh and THAT wedding will be on.

Frankly going off Meghan at the moment, wot is up with her dad, "I'll give her away" Wait I won't give her away "

Pillock. Ridiculous drama. I wish Harry had eloped. I love Harry, she better not do him wrong............just sayin'.

The allotment is looking good. Hoping DH health keeps up too as he and another allotmenteer have taken on another plot between them. DH has put some furniture up there as well, turning it into a more social space........we have some homemade Adirondack style chairs............made from old pallets would you believe. We need a little table and ( given the British weather ) a stripey windbreak. Our secondhand shed needs stuff grown all over it to make it look better.........its a metal one so very hardwearing and all but UGLY. Climbing roses ? Clematis ? Really Big Weeds ?????

Anyway, hair still thinning quite badly which will prob drive me to the doctor which I need to do re all the stress this hassle has generated. I need to function properly for the family, often its said being a carer makes you ..(list of positive personality traits ) No it doesn't, it makes you a Bitter and Twisted Old Bag :shock: In fact if I ever had a Twitter handle, that would be it.

Can't be bothered to cook, DH is babysitting , hope they fed him !
Rinty sending(( hugs)) and prayers for what you are dealing with..I do hope and pray thing will get better soon.

Hope your hair situation is ok.. Might be a good idea to get it checked out hoping it is just natural shedding for this time of year.. Sometimes we humans do shed all at once.. Take care of yourself. Love from your friend Janet
Janet Alliesmama