Daily Check in May 15, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in May 15, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm Hey Everyone,

Thought I might not get to check back in before I leave on my trip, but tonight is my "home spa" night that I treat myself to weekly and I thought to myself. I am going to be sitting with my feet in the massage bath of vinegar and lavender oil so I can look at the board and just enjoy myself. That little spa foot bathe is one of the best presents my daughter ever gave us.

However, I will have to say that as I sit and admire my pretty fingernails that the manicure wasn't to shabby either. I am amazed at how great the cuticle looks for some reason. Maybe it's just the color of the polish. I don't think I've ever worn this color red before, I usually stay with a more subtle color, but DD thought I might enjoy this one and I think she's right. I don't have one in my fingernail stash this color, but I have one that is darker to use on my toes tonight that want be a terrible mismatch.

I went ahead an cut my yard today instead of getting clothes ready as I can do that tomorrow. It was cloudy at times and I got to thinking if it rains that would miss my yard cutting up tomorrow. I can always work inside. I didn't feel like cooking when I finished, so took myself down to Chick-fil-a for a Hot and Spicy sandwich. My Chick-fil-a has the nicest teenagers working there, I have never gotten bad service and they train them well to be nice and smiling. I always prided myself on teaching my employees to do everything with a smile and I like that. You can screw up and everyone does, but customer handle it better when you are have a nice smile and you take care of the problem.

Hope all of you that are fighting these allergies get better. Mr. B had to go to the Dr. this afternoon for his. He's been working in his yard and said there was lots of pollen on his porches and he was sneezing with a runny nose so he had a 3:20 appointment. I haven't talked to him, but hope she prescribed him something to make him feel better. I'd hate for him to be miserable this entire trip.

Mackie, your job situation justs sucks! Excuse my french. I know how excited you were when you changed jobs and hate it has turned out this way.

FloridaCat, hope you have a wonderful trip.

DGFlorida, you have to dig deep to find that patience when you are dealing with handymen. Sounds like you have still gotten a lot accomplished.

Penny I hope you get to feeling your old self soon.

Sure hope Patty in Memphis is doing ok. Wonder if she's had her surgery yet.

Clem, I think you just need to rest from your charitable stuff a little. Sometimes you can overload yourself.

Rinty, I wonder why in the world that Meghan's Dad would make an $#$! out of himself. Her family sounds like a piece of work and sounds like most of them are just jealous of her. I read somewhere that her brother wrote a letter to Harry telling him he was making a mistake for marrying her. She'd better not mess him over, we will all have her hide. LOL

Everyone have a wonderful evening and take care of yourselves.
LittleMiss, you have a great trip, too! Branson sounds like fun and I know you’ll enjoy being with Mr. B.

I’m not sure if you’ll see this before you go, but I have a question about your gel manicure. Does the polish have to removed at the salon? That’s what I thought but that might be out-of-date info. I’m planning to treat myself to a salon manicure on Friday. I asked at a new place that opened and just requested a regular manicure which is $15. But hearing that your gel manicure will last 2-3 weeks I may ask about that type. I’ve had salon manicures in the past but it has been years.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Update: I had a great job interview this evening and have fingers crossed.

LittleMiss, when we lived in Georgia, we had to power wash the porches with detergent to get that oily pine pollen off them. It is not quite so bad here in Tennessee, thank goodness.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:53 pm
littlemiss63 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:04 pm
LittleMiss, you have a great trip, too! Branson sounds like fun and I know you’ll enjoy being with Mr. B.

I’m not sure if you’ll see this before you go, but I have a question about your gel manicure. Does the polish have to removed at the salon? That’s what I thought but that might be out-of-date info. I’m planning to treat myself to a salon manicure on Friday. I asked at a new place that opened and just requested a regular manicure which is $15. But hearing that your gel manicure will last 2-3 weeks I may ask about that type. I’ve had salon manicures in the past but it has been years.
Thank you, Floridcat. It does have to be removed at the salon, and she said at the end of the 2-3 weeks to just drop by and they would take it off in a few seconds. I love it, so try it. This was my first time, but for special occasions I think everyone should treat themselves. I will be anxious to see if it really does stay pretty with no chips after that long of time, but she said it would. She said it would damage your nails if you left it on longer than that and you could damage them if you try to take it off.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm
Libby have a great trip and enjoy yourself.. Be careful if Mr B is on any medication that might make him sleepy while driving.

Like the idea of spa day.. I should start to do something like that for myself.. I do do things like pedicures but it is hit and miss. It should be a day for taking care of myself like you do. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, the doctor says he has a sinus infection which I suppose makes you feel just as bad as allergies, but she prescribed him a steroid spray for his nose. I will be helping him do a lot of the driving, so we will be careful. Thank you for your concern.

I do my Tuesday night, "spa" and I love it. My feet are in better shape than they have ever been in. I am going to get me some of the fancier tools like buffers and that Nail Drying Machine, for I am not going to pay $70.00 a month for a couple of manicures. I would do it again for a special event, they really are pretty.

My foot massager is electric and vibrates and bubbles with little rollers in the bottom of it to move your feet back and forth on. It keeps the water heated and is made by Dr. Scholls. If I remember correctly seems like DD paid around $50.00 for it about 10 years ago. It's so worth the money and when this one plays out I will buy another one. I add a cup of apple cider vinegar along with 5 drops of lavender oil for my bathe. I haven't had any problem with any type of fungus, ingrown toenails, callus
or dry skin since I started using it on a regular basis, and my feet feel so soft. About once a month I slather on vaseline instead of lotion and put a pair of heavy socks on overnight.

Pamper yourself, if we don't do it nobody will do it for us.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 am
alliesmama4 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm
Libby have a great trip and enjoy yourself.. Be careful if Mr B is on any medication that might make him sleepy while driving.

Like the idea of spa day.. I should start to do something like that for myself.. I do do things like pedicures but it is hit and miss. It should be a day for taking care of myself like you do. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, the doctor says he has a sinus infection which I suppose makes you feel just as bad as allergies, but she prescribed him a steroid spray for his nose. I will be helping him do a lot of the driving, so we will be careful. Thank you for your concern.

I do my Tuesday night, "spa" and I love it. My feet are in better shape than they have ever been in. I am going to get me some of the fancier tools like buffers and that Nail Drying Machine, for I am not going to pay $70.00 a month for a couple of manicures. I would do it again for a special event, they really are pretty.

My foot massager is electric and vibrates and bubbles with little rollers in the bottom of it to move your feet back and forth on. It keeps the water heated and is made by Dr. Scholls. If I remember correctly seems like DD paid around $50.00 for it about 10 years ago. It's so worth the money and when this one plays out I will buy another one. I add a cup of apple cider vinegar along with 5 drops of lavender oil for my bathe. I haven't had any problem with any type of fungus, ingrown toenails, callus
or dry skin since I started using it on a regular basis, and my feet feel so soft. About once a month I slather on vaseline instead of lotion and put a pair of heavy socks on overnight.

Pamper yourself, if we don't do it nobody will do it for us.
Libby good to hear the problem is a sinus infection instead of an allergy .. He most likely is using the same nose spray that I have to use and it does not make me sleepy.

You are right if your do not pamper yourself no one else will either..

Have a good time.. I like to go to Silver Dollar City when I am in Branson.. We have a lot of our family reunions in that area since it is not too far from where my Mom's Dad's side of the family is from.. An old log cabin, built by one of my relatives, is actually in a park somewhere in that area. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 pm Update: I had a great job interview this evening and have fingers crossed.

LittleMiss, when we lived in Georgia, we had to power wash the porches with detergent to get that oily pine pollen off them. It is not quite so bad here in Tennessee, thank goodness.
Mackie said a prayer and hoping for a good outcome for this job interview.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama