Daily Check in May 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in May 16, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Unread post by alliesmama4 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 pm

itspennyc wrote: ↑Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 pm
My daughter brought me home this morning.

My implant went well, I have no pain at all from it today. Yesterday was a bit uncomfortable. I did need to take some Rx pain meds.

I am very tired this afternoon.

Penny
Penny good to hear everything went well with your implant and that it was not so painful after the initial day.. I have always wondered how much pain was involved with an implant.. Let me know if things start to bother you..My main concern is an infection in my mouth could spread to my total knee replacements if not monitored and done well. Alliesmama
I have had a total shoulder replacement. I took my antibiotics 1 hour before my appointment. And he put me on Amoxicillin for 5 days afterwards. He of course knew about my shoulder replacement.

But when I had both basilar joints of my thumb replaced and a joint in my left pinky fused I had antibiotics afterwards too. I hadn't had the total shoulder replacement at that time.

Remember this tooth is an upper lateral incisor. The return blood flow from this area goes through the base of the brain.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 9:44 pm
itspennyc wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm My daughter brought me home this morning.

My implant went well, I have no pain at all from it today. Yesterday was a bit uncomfortable. I did need to take some Rx pain meds.

Penny
Penny good to hear everything went well with your implant and that it was not so painful after the initial day.. I have always wondered how much pain was involved with an implant.. Let me know if things start to bother you..My main concern is an infection in my mouth could spread to my total knee replacements if not monitored and done well. Alliesmama
I have a friend who had two knees replaced last winter and just like Penny, before any dental work she needs to take an antibiotic. However the dentist informed her that once she reaches beyond the two year mark she shouldn't have to take the antibiotics before dental work any longer.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Unread post by Jackielou » Thu May 17, 2018 7:00 am

alliesmama4 wrote: ↑Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 pm
itspennyc wrote: ↑Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 pm
My daughter brought me home this morning.

Penny
I have a friend who had two knees replaced last winter and just like Penny, before any dental work she needs to take an antibiotic. However the dentist informed her that once she reaches beyond the two year mark she shouldn't have to take the antibiotics before dental work any longer.
Jackie
That is what the surgeon who did my shoulder told me. I will need to ask the oral surgeon about this implant. I don't want an infection there either.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 am
itspennyc wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm My daughter brought me home this morning.

Penny
My orthopedic Dr told me 5 years past my total knee replacements and my dentist is just plain nervous about it so I have to take an antibiotic even to get my teeth cleaned. I do not mind since it is not that often and better to be safe than sorry. My immune system is really impaired.. When I had my hysterectomy, even though the Dr gave me an antibiotic injection before surgery I still had a raging fever and they had to pack me in ice. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 6:32 pm
Jackielou wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 am

My orthopedic Dr told me 5 years past my total knee replacements and my dentist is just plain nervous about it so I have to take an antibiotic even to get my teeth cleaned. I do not mind since it is not that often and better to be safe than sorry. My immune system is really impaired.. When I had my hysterectomy, even though the Dr gave me an antibiotic injection before surgery I still had a raging fever and they had to pack me in ice. Janet Alliesmama
My friend has to take an antibiotic when she gets her teeth cleaned as well. First the dentist told her one year, then it was two. I have no doubt it will go up another year the next time she goes in for a cleaning.
Jackie