Daily check in May 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily check in May 20, 2018

Post by LogicsHere »

Prospect of rain again today, Tuesday and Wednesday . . . yuck.

Have no real plans for today . . . have been putzing around on the computer.

Watched the royal wedding yesterday in spite of my plan not to. It was OK. The sermon by Bishop Curry was a bit over the top. It seemed as though he wanted to be sure no one would miss his 15 minutes of fame on world TV. Totally disrespectful.

Today is already turning into a long day. Not sure what to do next.

Oh well, guess we all have these kinds of days once in a while.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:17 am Good...Yep it is still morning here.

I just got back from Community Sunday to get ready for the bridal shower. DS brought home the remainder of my nativity ornaments from the house. Thank you Ex! Now to figure out where to store them.

I want to dress to show off my weight loss as I plan to take pictures with DS in his cap and gown at Baccalaureate tonight. Yes, I am a bit vain. LOL!

It is warm and humid here. Last night I came home form dinner and walked by the light of the setting sun and then the street lamps to get my steps in. I feel quite safe in my apartment complex, but woudl like to move closer to family.

Time to go get gussied up.
Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie good for you wanting to show off your weight loss. You have worked hard to get there and down the road you will be able to look at your pictures and have a smile on your face for two reason..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
rinty

Post by rinty »

Have a lovely day Maggie ! Knock 'em dead.

Beautiful weather which I am sure you all saw yesterday at the Royal Wedding. We babysat and had around 5 kids all told throughout the weekend ( its tea time now and they have all GONE :D ) We took 3 of themt o a car boot sale and they had a ball........and pity BIG eyes won them a lot of reductions. We did kick in the money we had planned to buy ice creams with as there was a LOT Of good stuff there. Name brand , new in box toys. I also bought 3 items for Christmas it was all such good quality

Don't know what you all made of the wedding ? To start with I just want Harry to be happy but there was a really weird vibe that the ONLY person on Meghans side was her mother.........is there truly not any decent extended family members ? Not a granny, an auntie, a distant cousin 3 times removed who could have been there ? Truly ???? IS she froma family that dysfunctional ? And it felt we were seeing celebrities and work collegues rather than , heck, FRIENDS ......????? Thought her mother was LOVELY, sat there all alone..I did think Prince Charles was very nice with her.

But did Y'all notice The Old Bag Which Is Camilla at the edn of the service. We all know that the grooms dad walks out with brides mum and vice versa...........its what we DO. And if for some reason there is no brides dad then the grooms Evil Stepmother just tags along AFTERWARDS, rather than do what Camilla did which was shove her way in so Meghans mum was sidelined. Did you see the old bag FRONT AND CENTRE as they came out of the church at the top of the stairs. She has no manners, no idea and no realisation that about 12 people in an audience of 1.2 billion actually wanted to see her. Stand at the back, luv....

Personally hated the dress but whatever, the veil was LOVELY and the two 7r olds given the job of wrangling a 70ft veil did a fantastic job. LOVED all the littlies. Thought the vicar was there to hear the sound of his own voice and PERFORMED which was nice for him, he had a large audience.........

LOVED that the service began with Dianas sister giving a reading. Beautiful.

I think they chose a really good venue though, cos they had the service then a lovely procession where lots of people could see them and then it could be private rather than having to do a turn on the balcony , the day could be more of theirs.

Dress watch of the guests, I liked Lady Spencers purple mini cape and hat and Amal Clooneys outfit best thought the Queen looked great ! Bea and Eugenie sadly still need a stylist, one looked like a fat air hostess and the other wore a hideous teal tent.......and those girls have nice figures !!!!

Anyway hoping for a baby in 9 months. I have been to Windsor a million times and it did all look gorgeous on the telly, just the perfect setting.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Rinty,
Good to hear from FHs own " across the pond" reporter {{{{}}}}
I think the Prince is just a cutie patootie, but your right,wonder why Megan's Mom had no familial support
My hubby passed 2 months before our youngest boys wedding and I couldn't shake the relatives!
Financial, maybe????
I had no intention of watching but woken up by the furkids pleading for their last meal before starvation sets in,I figured what the heck,lol
Looked like a beautiful day for a huge celebration.
Afraid I hadn't planned on the tea and scones and tiaras like some many of us crazy Americans
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

They do make a very handsome couple!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 12:56 pm Have a lovely day Maggie ! Knock 'em dead.

Beautiful weather which I am sure you all saw yesterday at the Royal Wedding. We babysat and had around 5 kids all told throughout the weekend ( its tea time now and they have all GONE :D ) We took 3 of themt o a car boot sale and they had a ball........and pity BIG eyes won them a lot of reductions. We did kick in the money we had planned to buy ice creams with as there was a LOT Of good stuff there. Name brand , new in box toys. I also bought 3 items for Christmas it was all such good quality

Don't know what you all made of the wedding ? To start with I just want Harry to be happy but there was a really weird vibe that the ONLY person on Meghans side was her mother.........is there truly not any decent extended family members ? Not a granny, an auntie, a distant cousin 3 times removed who could have been there ? Truly ???? IS she froma family that dysfunctional ? And it felt we were seeing celebrities and work collegues rather than , heck, FRIENDS ......????? Thought her mother was LOVELY, sat there all alone..I did think Prince Charles was very nice with her.

But did Y'all notice The Old Bag Which Is Camilla at the edn of the service. We all know that the grooms dad walks out with brides mum and vice versa...........its what we DO. And if for some reason there is no brides dad then the grooms Evil Stepmother just tags along AFTERWARDS, rather than do what Camilla did which was shove her way in so Meghans mum was sidelined. Did you see the old bag FRONT AND CENTRE as they came out of the church at the top of the stairs. She has no manners, no idea and no realisation that about 12 people in an audience of 1.2 billion actually wanted to see her. Stand at the back, luv....

Personally hated the dress but whatever, the veil was LOVELY and the two 7r olds given the job of wrangling a 70ft veil did a fantastic job. LOVED all the littlies. Thought the vicar was there to hear the sound of his own voice and PERFORMED which was nice for him, he had a large audience.........

LOVED that the service began with Dianas sister giving a reading. Beautiful.

I think they chose a really good venue though, cos they had the service then a lovely procession where lots of people could see them and then it could be private rather than having to do a turn on the balcony , the day could be more of theirs.

Dress watch of the guests, I liked Lady Spencers purple mini cape and hat and Amal Clooneys outfit best thought the Queen looked great ! Bea and Eugenie sadly still need a stylist, one looked like a fat air hostess and the other wore a hideous teal tent.......and those girls have nice figures !!!!

Anyway hoping for a baby in 9 months. I have been to Windsor a million times and it did all look gorgeous on the telly, just the perfect setting.
Glad I am not the only one who didn't like the dress, like you I loved the veil. I am also getting a very weird vibe about the whole of the brides family and think the same as you that all the guests on her side seemed to be work collegues, or actors.

I thought I was a bit crazy to be thinking that way so I am really glad others think the same way.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/