Daily check in May 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check in May 20, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Rant Mode: Ex can't seem to be bothered to show up at the Baccalaureate Mass this evening. I heard from DDIL's perspective. DS2 said "It's OK if you still need to pack." But DS1 is NOT HAPPY. DDIL contacted me to see if Baccalaureate is something DS1 can attend. So I hope he shows up with his brother.

I will keep you updated.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good evening all.

I’m back from my cousins’ anniversary party and I’m so glad that I attended. Weather today was warm and no rain. I wasn’t sure if the party included food but there was a nice buffet meal with many desserts at the end. There were about 80 people I’d guess. They had a DJ and at the end a few square dances. My cousins are big into square dancing and there were 15-20 of their square dance friends. I sat with a friend of my cousin’s wife from high school and she was so lovely and had traveled from Missouri for the party. My cousins were surprised and happy to see me. We are going to get together either Monday evening or Tuesday morning.

This morning I again went to the cemetery and also I stopped by an over 55 condo complex I had seen online. It is really nice, like small one-story homes. Not really an option for me to buy but if I could ever rent one for the summer it would be great.

Tomorrow I’ll go to Newport so that will be fun. CG, I am planning to go to the Breakers. I’m guessing it is about an hour’s drive but I’ll check the map tonight.

Have a good evening.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Afternoon all -
It has been quite a time around here. I know I have often mentioned the group of friends we see at least every month and go on cruises with etc. Well another member of our group died suddenly on Friday. He had a massive heart attack and was gone. Tommy was a wonderful man and we will miss him so. So we were 10 and now we are seven. Lost one to divorce and two to death. We are such a major part of each other's lives that it is a sobering and sad time. You just don't think about losing your friends - or I never did until it started happening.

Today is hubs 70th birthday. He was supposed to leave this morning for a golf trip to Mississippi as his BD present. But he cancelled his trip. He just feels like he must be here for Tommy's services. I tried to get him to go as I believe funerals are only for the living but it is his decision. Of course he decided at 6:30 p.m. last night and so I have nothing prepared to celebrate for him so we are going out for steak tonight and maybe go to a show if he wants. Luckily we were able to cancel the hotel with enough notice we weren't on the hook for charges.

Not to much going on here otherwise. Loss is so debilitating - we just don't feel like doing anything.

Hug your all your loved ones - life is short and uncertain.

Love to all CG
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm Afternoon all -
It has been quite a time around here. I know I have often mentioned the group of friends we see at least every month and go on cruises with etc. Well another member of our group died suddenly on Friday. He had a massive heart attack and was gone. Tommy was a wonderful man and we will miss him so. So we were 10 and now we are seven. Lost one to divorce and two to death. We are such a major part of each other's lives that it is a sobering and sad time. You just don't think about losing your friends - or I never did until it started happening.

Today is hubs 70th birthday. He was supposed to leave this morning for a golf trip to Mississippi as his BD present. But he cancelled his trip. He just feels like he must be here for Tommy's services. I tried to get him to go as I believe funerals are only for the living but it is his decision. Of course he decided at 6:30 p.m. last night and so I have nothing prepared to celebrate for him so we are going out for steak tonight and maybe go to a show if he wants. Luckily we were able to cancel the hotel with enough notice we weren't on the hook for charges.

Not to much going on here otherwise. Loss is so debilitating - we just don't feel like doing anything.

Love to all CG
CG, I’m sorry for the loss of your close friend. I have not lost any friends in recent years but in my early 40s I lost three friends all in their 30s, one from a car accident, one from leukemia and one was murdered, and it was a gut punch so I understand a bit. (((Hugs)))
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm Afternoon all -

Love to all CG
Lynn sorry for your loss. It is very sad... I have been through this and literally have only two close friend left and both have serious medical problems .Sorry that the loss is so close to your DH's birthday.. Hope he will be able to enjoy his meal out. ((hugs)) to both of you. Janet....
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:29 pm Good evening all.

I’m back from my cousins’ anniversary party and I’m so glad that I attended. Weather today was warm and no rain. I wasn’t sure if the party included food but there was a nice buffet meal with many desserts at the end. There were about 80 people I’d guess. They had a DJ and at the end a few square dances. My cousins are big into square dancing and there were 15-20 of their square dance friends. I sat with a friend of my cousin’s wife from high school and she was so lovely and had traveled from Missouri for the party. My cousins were surprised and happy to see me. We are going to get together either Monday evening or Tuesday morning.

This morning I again went to the cemetery and also I stopped by an over 55 condo complex I had seen online. It is really nice, like small one-story homes. Not really an option for me to buy but if I could ever rent one for the summer it would be great.

Tomorrow I’ll go to Newport so that will be fun. CG, I am planning to go to the Breakers. I’m guessing it is about an hour’s drive but I’ll check the map tonight.

Have a good evening.
Florida cat good to hear you are having an enjoyable time at your cousin's anniversary party. Also good to hear you are going to have more time to visit before you leave for home.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama