Daily Check In June 9th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In June 9th

Post by rinty »

Placemarking ;)

Morning All.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In June 9th

Post by rinty »

Well, hello All

Firstly, wildly pleased to see Aunt Bridget popping in. Hi Bridget, hope life is treating you well ? Hows the BIL ?

I have been away on a school residential trip.......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So I am JOLLY TIRED. You just can't switch off. AT ALL. It was fun though.

We did have one thing that got on my last nerve. You herd the kids to mealtimes, you try to ensure Kid 1 eats something other than I apple and a fishstick ( and that one is at least eating not bewailing the food choices on offer ) You scan to make sure they are all sitting down at least then you get your own meal and SIT DOWN. Sitting down is the best part............2 minutes into your meal the course leader will appear and say we have to rush to get to activity A so are you ready ?????

Oi Vey, not restful , but fun. Hopefully the lack of being given time to actually eat myself will help the weightloss. I got bored having lost 2 stone but need to get back to it. 2 stone is still good though !

We had guests for dinner last night, it was the night before they fly back to Texas so it had to be after work which meant a KRAZY RUSH AROUND but we'd planned the meal to death and it all went very well. Such a nice evening and one day, we will visit them over there........just not in summertime ; )

I had a nice financial surprise. As I am over 55 I looked into my pension from the company I used to work for PRE KIDS. I had checked before and guessstimated my pension from them, ( which I can draw in 2022 ) would be £2400 a year. Nope its nearly £4000 a year.

Well, BOOYAH :)

Just for kicks and giggles ( as I am over 55 I can have some cash tax free now if I want it, obs this impacts on the future pension as the pot will be less ) Anyway I checked and they offered £20K and I'd still get way more than the £2400 I had always thought I would get.

DH and I are now staring thoughtfully into each others eyes over this.......

If I live to 90 that would be a bad decision, if I collapse in an exhausted ( but happy) heap in my 70s , not so much.

ANYWAY. I'll know how DH really feels if he drops a copy of " Buy a Used Motorhome " in my lap won't I ?

ANYWAY, next week is normal work, and prob no spend. What I MUST do is actually get to the doctors. My entire scalp is raging, I have prob managed to give myself an infection and my feet were swollen footballs by Friday night. Happy but BEYOND TIRED.

DH is off with ex army buddies today so I have the house to myself. I would quite like to buy some bits I have been wanting and searching for, as he hates shopping it would be his idea of hell watching me go through HOMESENSE and TKMAXXX for a huge basket for shoes and some nice placemats.

Eh, that or laundry ???? Let the day begin.

Hugs to All !
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Saturday morning all,

With the back porch finished, it is time to think about paint. I am on the trail of the old New Orleans colors and I took the next step by getting a sample "pint". Right now, I am favoring the color called milk for the house. It is a soft white. I also bought an "oops" quart to paint the unpainted trim on the back porch. Got it in a light tan. Wanted to keep everything easy to cover in white paint later. Hope it is dry enough soon to paint. The young man who is working for me works full time at HD and I cross paths with him while looking for paint. He confirmed that he will be over at about 2:30 Sunday.

Today, I need to pick up prescriptions and while I am out that way, maybe make a few other stops.

I also want to clean up the old porch wood. Some of it can be re-purposed. Some not. It would be nice to sort that out. The porch could use some organizing as well. Full day of this and that.

Today, I am grateful that excessive sun has become a tan. Have a good day everyone.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I have been busy doing nothing...lol. I seem to think about doing a lot and then get side tracked. Yesterday I had my new tire put on. Cost 180.00 bummer all because I hit a curb when making a turn at a stop light. I did not realize how close I was to the curb when I decided to make the turn to avoid a detour route further down the block. Today, hopefully, will get the last of my garden planted.. I know I keep saying that and who knows maybe it will still happen..lol. I need to put sheets down under the mulberry trees to catch the berries as they fall off. Picking them is a loosing battle since when ripe and you barely touch them they fall off. I have been eating them fresh in my cereal and as a snack but need to freeze some for later in winter and also dry some. My spaghetti squash had blossoms yesterday and today some are completely open..I am hoping this summer I can keep things going and maybe towards mid to later summer will be eating mostly for free in the way of veggies.

Rinty congrats on your money find..Always a nice surprise to find money somewhere you were not aware that you might have.

Everyone have a good and frugal day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I won’t be going shopping at my usual time as my helper has to set up the classroom for the summer session she will be teaching. So we will be going when she finishes.

I have a load of dresses plus my last fleece jacket in the dryer. I only have the one load of wash.

I need to start another tiny MacBook, I also need to put stuff away from the projects I just finished

When I found the missing penguin I also found several other tiny items that I didn’t realize were missing. I need to put in a different container all the tinies I have knit for gifts.

I need to get my granddaughter’s Birthday card ready to mail. I decided to give her a Tiny Laptop now rather then after she graduates. A big plus is that it is flatter then some of the others I could mail.

I will include a check for $10. I have the card.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by rinty » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:41 am

Well, hello All

Firstly, wildly pleased to see Aunt Bridget popping in. Hi Bridget, hope life is treating you well ? Hows the BIL ?

I have been away on a school residential trip.......... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: So I am JOLLY TIRED. You just can't switch off. AT ALL. It was fun though.

We did have one thing that got on my last nerve. You herd the kids to mealtimes, you try to ensure Kid 1 eats something other than I apple and a fishstick ( and that one is at least eating not bewailing the food choices on offer ) You scan to make sure they are all sitting down at least then you get your own meal and SIT DOWN. Sitting down is the best part............2 minutes into your meal the course leader will appear and say we have to rush to get to activity A so are you ready ?????

Oi Vey, not restful , but fun. Hopefully the lack of being given time to actually eat myself will help the weightloss. I got bored having lost 2 stone but need to get back to it. 2 stone is still good though !

We had guests for dinner last night, it was the night before they fly back to Texas so it had to be after work which meant a KRAZY RUSH AROUND but we'd planned the meal to death and it all went very well. Such a nice evening and one day, we will visit them over there........just not in summertime ; )

I had a nice financial surprise. As I am over 55 I looked into my pension from the company I used to work for PRE KIDS. I had checked before and guessstimated my pension from them, ( which I can draw in 2022 ) would be £2400 a year. Nope its nearly £4000 a year.

Well, BOOYAH :)

Just for kicks and giggles ( as I am over 55 I can have some cash tax free now if I want it, obs this impacts on the future pension as the pot will be less ) Anyway I checked and they offered £20K and I'd still get way more than the £2400 I had always thought I would get.

DH and I are now staring thoughtfully into each others eyes over this.......

If I live to 90 that would be a bad decision, if I collapse in an exhausted ( but happy) heap in my 70s , not so much.

ANYWAY. I'll know how DH really feels if he drops a copy of " Buy a Used Motorhome " in my lap won't I ?

ANYWAY, next week is normal work, and prob no spend. What I MUST do is actually get to the doctors. My entire scalp is raging, I have prob managed to give myself an infection and my feet were swollen footballs by Friday night. Happy but BEYOND TIRED.

DH is off with ex army buddies today so I have the house to myself. I would quite like to buy some bits I have been wanting and searching for, as he hates shopping it would be his idea of hell watching me go through HOMESENSE and TKMAXXX for a huge basket for shoes and some nice placemats.

Eh, that or laundry ???? Let the day begin.

Hugs to All !
Texas is not the place to visit in the summer. I have lived here 40 years and still have not adjusted.

Penny