Daily Check In June 9th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In June 9th

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:52 pm Glad to hear everyone is having such a nice day. Rinty, you are so funny! And YAY! for discovering the extra cash coming to you. That is awesome. If you visit the U.S., come to the deep South and Texas in late October. It will seem warm to you and the trees should still have fall color.

I have been puttering around the house. Got a lot done yesterday on my day off: doctor visit, gassed up my car, trip to the bank, lunch with my radio station buddy, then grocery shopping and a trip to both Family Dollar (cat litter) and Ace Hardware (a step stool). In between I washed six loads of laundry.

Today I slept in. Gave the dogs a bath, washed their towels and collars (tied the collars up in an old pillow case and they came out clean with shiny tags), and then showered and washed my hair because I was covered in splattered dirty water from where they'd shake while being bathed. Hopped online and ordered some underthings online from One Hanes Place. Got five bras and six pairs of panties for the screaming deal of $90. My old stuff is so worn out that it's uncomfortable to wear.

DH is working on my office computer, trying to get the files on it transferred to the new one. The thing is so old that DS refers to it as the Babbage Engine. :-D Something I had forgotten in the years since I last worked for a religious organization: they never want to spend money on decent computers. But after it crashed on deadline two weeks running, they did buy a new one. But getting the files moved over is my problem. *sigh*
Wow Mackie you have done an amazing amount of work ..Are you feeling better? I do hope so. Glad you had a chance to have an enjoyable lunch with your friend..

Good luck with the computer.. I am severely challenge in that area and would not and do not know how to transfer files..lol..Glad your DH is able to help..

Hope you do get some rest this week-end. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, Janet! I am feeling better. My energy and strength are coming back and I don't get tired so easily, although most evenings I do take a short nap on the sofa between 7 and 8 p.m. It used to be that I'd be dead tired by 4 p.m., so that's improvement.

My family doc is running tests on electrolytes and magnesium, along with a bunch of other things, so I feel like we're getting on top of the medication side effects. He said I am the only patient he's ever had with this disorder, so he's been doing a lot of reading and finding it fascinating.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

All is calm in my part of the world, another sunny day with beautiful blue clouds, so that hopefully means no rain.

I had to meet with a tenant to pick up the rest of her rent today and did some errands while I was out. I think I am now pretty well stocked up on everything I need so want be doing much shopping in the next couple of weeks except for gas. I have about a 1/2 tank, but I'm going to let it get to about a 1/4 to see if gas prices falls anymore. It has gone from being in the $2.70's to $2.56 a gallon for unleaded since Memorial Day and it seems to drop a few cents every time I look at a station sign. They should be ashamed for gouging travelers.

I got one of my dresses and the shrug that I ordered from Coldcreek yesterday and I was very pleased with both of them. These are to wear to my class reunion in August and once I get the other dress and a long half slip I will be set. It's probably been 20 years since I have needed a long slip. I have a white one, but it's so old until I was afraid the elastic might give way on me and fall off. It seems ok, slip looks good, but didn't want to take a chance.

I didn't get any painting done yesterday. My neighbor decided to come over and visit and I couldn't motivate myself to start after she left. I knew I has to finish mowing the back yard and I finished it at dusk. It was one of the most beautiful sights, there were lightening bugs or fireflies all over my yard and they were so pretty. It looked as if the yard was covered with twinkling lights. Maybe, they have been out there several nights and I haven't noticed. Anyway, god's nature is a beautiful thing.

Shelia, so glad to see your post and to know that that knee is getting better. Also, glad you are getting back into the dating scene. It's so nice to have someone to eat out with and just talk about your day with.

Florida, thank goodness you didn't have a fender bender. That's all you need right now with all that is going on in your life.

Rinty, you deserve all the extra money you can find. I thought Kate and Meghan looked so beautiful at the Queen's birthday parade. I see the critics are already saying that her dress was inappropriate, but personally I didn't see a thing wrong with it. They all wear hats so well, I would look like a dunce were it me, I am so short.

Annex, I bought me a Big Ben alarm clock today too. I just can't hear the alarm on my phone and I've tried several different rings. I am such a deep sleeper and I am hoping that with both of them going that I want oversleep when I have somewhere to be.

Macky, six loads of laundry in one day, you have worn me out. Hope you get your files transferred over and thank goodness for a hubby who can help.

Everyone, have a wonderful and blessed weekend.
Last edited by littlemiss63 on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Good Evening !

Not much happening here today. Been feeling kind of blah all day.

I have been cleaning in spurts. Got some laundry done. Mostly things that I don't normally hang out on the line anyway.

We had a down pour come through this morning. Poor hubby had planned to go fishing and came home in the down pour. Then once it stopped he tried again. Didn't have much luck (nothing new).
Watched some Netflix. Right now I'm watching the second season of 13 Reasons Why. Wish they would have some good documentaries on there. I think I've already watched all the ones they have on there.

I didn't end up leaving the house today. So will have to grocery shop either tomorrow or Monday. Family isn't being very helpful in meal planning and don't want to shop until I know what I'm buying.

Dinner tonight was kind of a do your own thing.... I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a V8. Peter made himself some pizza rolls, and then a peanut butter sandwich and some chips. I think hubby is making himself some rice.

Well off to do some more reading of the forum, and make my to do list for tomorrow. Hopefully I will wake up with more energy.

Have an enjoyable evening.
Aunt Bridget
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

it really cooled off this evening.

It is usually about 90 degrees now but it is down to 80! We had a few showers in the area.

Maybe this weird/unusal heat spell is over. I do not remember it being so warm so early. We did have a colder winter. Even some snow.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 pm Hi, Janet! I am feeling better. My energy and strength are coming back and I don't get tired so easily, although most evenings I do take a short nap on the sofa between 7 and 8 p.m. It used to be that I'd be dead tired by 4 p.m., so that's improvement.

My family doc is running tests on electrolytes and magnesium, along with a bunch of other things, so I feel like we're getting on top of the medication side effects. He said I am the only patient he's ever had with this disorder, so he's been doing a lot of reading and finding it fascinating.
So glad to hear you are doing better...and I hope and pray that you do continue to improve.. Nice of the Dr to tell you that you are fascinating.lol Some Drs do not like to admit they do not know everything and at least he is looking in to what is going on and working with you and your eye Dr on doing what is the right thing for you.
Janet Alliesmama.
Janet Alliesmama