Jingling June

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
rinty

Re: Jingling June

Post by rinty »

Good for you, Jackie.

A few things that used to help me Save and Frugal that don't seem to work as well anymore are,

Saving Change.......I shop less and just don't use cash as often, so ther eis frequently NO CHANGE to put aside in the change pot these days. Hlafway through the year I have around £40 , not much compared to years past.

Car Booting...........used to make over £100 at a decent one. Now no one I hear of makes more than around £50. To me, that doesn't make it worth it to stand in a field for 4 hours selling CRA% out of my car. Haven't done one at all this year and don't want to. WE take the stuff to charity shops or to my job where we have a TAke It Away box.

Conversely I do have many more No Spend days but we seem to be a much more cashless society so little savings are different these days.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I love the expression "car boot" and wish for them over "garage (or yard) sale" - at minimum everyone's in one place, right, and you don't have to drive all over.

That said some of the stuff I've gotten rid of lately wouldn't fit in the trunk. 2 bar-height barstools, a 8x11 foot indoor / outdoor rug.

The violin was sold online but we met the buyer at a QT (DD still wouldn't put the thing in the trunk, violins are sensitive to temp and humidity control). From the onlooker's expressions violin solos are not a QT staple :lol:

But online sales (Craigslist) are down. I may have to add another platform. There are things I've had up for sale for weeks that aren't going anywhere, I bet, except to the next house, because it's hard to toss out art.

The basketball goal, too, is too big for anything less than a trunk. I think we'll be schlepping that along with us too.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

No spend: 20

Spend: 0

Allowable Spend: 5

I may just make my goal this month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

No spend: 23

Spend: 0

Allowable Spend: 7

Well I met my goal and managed two extra days. Onwards to July!
Jackie
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

My June update really, really late:

I was trying to have 2 no spend days; but, I only managed 1. Better luck next month I hope.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ephofma wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:52 pm My June update really, really late:

I was trying to have 2 no spend days; but, I only managed 1. Better luck next month I hope.
You can do it!!
Jackie