Daily Check in July 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in July 13, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I’m going to have a ME day today. (You all might think all my days are like that but not in my mind.)

Yesterday was busy. Neighbor who is moving came over to help me with some hard-to-reach household chores. Then I went to the recreation center for an hour. Then to mom’s house to do a bit in the yard to get enough to fill the trash for today.

In a few minutes I’ll run to mom’s house to put the trash can into the garage and then will stop for soy milk. Also need to water the plants. We need rain.

The rest of the day I’m focusing on genealogy. I’m pretty much at a standstill with my England ancestors but I’m pleased that I’ve gotten this far.

I hope that LWolfT is OK. Haven’t seen a post from her in awhile.

Have a good day.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

I have a loaf of black cherry streusel bread in the small roaster baking, ground beef out thawing or supper tonight and laundry on the lines so far this AM.
Still need to run the floor duster and when the dishwasher is done....unloading it and putting them all away.

I might make some mac and cheese for tonight also. Not a lot as leftovers don't cut it with dad.

I have salad to use up and made him some cucumber and onion salad. Still working on the last watermelon, I think I will hold off on buying another as he seems to be slowing down on eating it.

Will probably mow tomorrow AM.

Have a good day all.
JCKitty
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

So I love getting mail, why, I just don't know. Yesterday my colored contacts came. I had my eye exam at America's Best on Tues and picked up clear contacts. I wear my contacts for at least a month at a time.

Well~~~~the colored one's are daily wear only ???? so i called and asked why they would order DW for me when I wear extended wear??? Come to find out that they sold me DW lenses, they are labeled as Sofmed Breathables XW they told me that they can be worn longer during the day, not for sleeping in!!! What the H#ll!!! So I will be going back today to hopefully get some money back back on the unopened contacts and order "sleeping Contacts."

And YES ! the Dr and I talked about me sleeping in the contacts !

I was impressed with them, but right now not so much. GGRRRR

IC
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Greetings Everyone. It has been a great day. I am taking Fridays off for the rest of the summer - I have a lot of vacation time that needs to get used up. A good friend came for breakfast this morning early and we visited for so long I asked her to stay for lunch and she did. We feasted on grilled cheese sandwiches with sliced tomatoes and leftover coleslaw.

At the library now, taking care of all my surveys, emails for points, etc. then will stock up on new reading material and movies for the rest of the weekend. The weather is perfection, the knee is on the home stretch to mending and life is good.

I wish you all well - and very much miss catching up with everyone more often.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Well, I'm happy, I went to Americans best, and I got a refund for the colored contacts. and I talked to the DR about the clear one's they are "sleeping contacts" , so I asked why I was told over the phone that I couldn't sleep in them?

The reason, LOL, is that the "front" is told that if they don't know then they tell the patient that they can't sleep in them.

The Dr was there and I asked why didn't they just ask the Dr about the contacts???? No :( answer to that one. :roll:

IC

IC
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

I slept in this morning!Didn't wake up until after 7 so had a quick coffee then did my long run of 6.5 km. Came home and enjoyed breakfast and a second cup of coffee. Very hot even first thing in the morning and also a lot more traffic than earlier. Guess everyone was driving to work. After breakfast then had work to do in the yard - watering the grass seed, flower pots and never ending weeding. I also picked a large bowl of baby mixed greens, washed and chopped them before lunch. Dh and I were successful in installing the room air conditioner. I managed to climb up into the loft in the garage in order to get the board which we fit the tubing through to vent the hot air outside. He managed to get everything in place with one hand while I held the board and sealed off the openings with gorilla tape so no rain or bugs can get through. It is supposed to get to 33 degrees C. tomorrow and is 30 today. The house is getting a bit unbearable - about 28 degrees so it's getting a bit hot to cook. We have this one room conditioner keeping the entire main floor cool so it's still pretty warm - at least 25. The upstairs has no air con so even hotter up there.

After lunch, I mainly relaxed and read on the deck. Washed one load of darks and hung to dry.

Yay!! Another no spend, no drive day.

Creative