Aug 8, 2018 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Aug 8, 2018 Daily Check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dear Friends,

Yet another night of being up way too late. On this occasion, it's because I was talking to Dh (though he's now on his way to go sleep), and looking at job listing in my school district. I did find 3 that look quite interesting, including one that I would REALLY love to get (plus it's full-time WITH benefits). I think I will pray about applying -- really I just want to apply for them, but I think I should pray first. Plus I do have substitute teaching to look forward to (and more night of little sleep & lots of anticipation).

Today was crazy, especially this afternoon (see my VENT post :D), but we made it through.

Dinner was leftovers. Wednesday night dinner will be at church End-of-Summer Swim party at local Aquatic/Exercise Center. I'm signed up to bring a salad, I'll do my usual pudding/yogurt/cool whip/frozen fruit concoction, I'm considering adding crispy GF cookies at the last minute (or maybe I'll make them just for my own enjoyment). I found this collection tonight just before Dh called, and now I want to make them ALL. :lol: https://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/glu ... -crushing/

For now, I'm off to bed, unless I remember where some GF chocolate is. I'm hungry!!
mbrudnic

Re: Aug 8, 2018 Daily Check-in

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning

Hang in their Gayle. Motherhood can be extra challenging at the end of summer.

HI all,

I did clean my bathroom last night and got my steps in. I did not get out my sewing. I expect DS2 to show up and stay for the week. I take him to college next Wednesday.

I did more searching and did find a report on the internet that the Metabolic clinic I have been going to has indeed permanently shout down. Then I found a report that the Doc was arrested for his part in a pill mill scheme. Darn it!

Today I want to make an appointment for a pedicure. My toe nails need trimming and I am terrible at it.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Wednesday morning all,

Today, I am considering washing and crafting a couple of old tee shirts. The material is still good, but either the neck is frayed or they are stained or yellow with age. Today, I will wash the selected shirts and see what happens then. I have my repaired blanket and comforter washed, dried and folded. Store them today.

Today, hubs has an early dentist appointment, so I will skip walking. The handyman has been alerted and said it should be fine since he is working outside. He is about half done with the gutters.

Yesterday was busy. I ran to the post office, save alot, the bank, the tire place, the gas station, aldi's and walmart market. We also got the 2 new rain barrels for the front. The handyman won't need them until Thursday. Then the area lost power for 2 hours in the afternoon and then we had a rain storm with boomers.

I made my air arrangements for Houston to Florida for November. The price was lower than it was a few weeks ago. Score! I also called my medical rewards program because I figured I was due a gift card for seeing my GP doctor for an annual. I tried getting online, but it didn't work. I called them and the lady acknowledged that there are a lot of complaints about logging in this year. But I should get my gift card in 3 weeks. I also examined my last blood test via the medical portal. My thyroid numbers are all over the map and I have anemia. I don't think so. Hubs uncovered evidence that synthroid interacts with the eye drug, Lucentis. This should be interesting. I asked my GP to forward the thyroid results to the endocrinologist. The endocrinologist saw these same wacky numbers earlier this year and concluded the lab messed up. What happens when two different labs gets the same results? My GP wants me to start B-6. I sent her a message about my concerns. Should be interesting. Meanwhile, I feel just fine.

Today, I hope to get the location for the 2 new rain barrels determined and the base of concrete blocks set up.

Today, I am grateful for a good night's sleep with nice dreams. It really makes a day feel good. Have a good day everyone.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ..
Low 70s and cloudy with more rain possible. We had some good downpours yesterday, so my rainwater supplies are back up.
DH is feeling much better, to the point where I have to remind him not to do too much. (Thanks for the kind words, Rinty!) Now he's frustrated with dealing with insurance and his new GP.
Financial workshop was pretty good, though mostly general. Did get some ideas. We also get a free 1-hour sitdown with the instructor, so we're going to take advantage of it and ask some questions.
Chores/work today. Did get the salt and fresh dill for refrigerator pickles, so need to get moving on that, too. Going to a get-together with old school friends tonight, so looking forward to that.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. Not much going on here. We are expecting cooler temps so will most likely go out and work on the weeds in my yard.. It is a never ending battle but I refuse to use weed killer.. too dangerous..

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

good morning all

I'm kind of cranky

I had to get up at least three times last night to use the bathroom. I drank tea and I guess that did something to me. It was late. I never drink tea. so now i'm all cranky

Going to jump in the shower in a bit and start out the day

I need to start walking again. Havent' exercised in months. Feel like I have gained a couple of pounds.

Hope all have a great day