changing email and password for this site.

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

changing email and password for this site.

Post by Dgflorida »

I am planning to move my mail to a new account and I don't remember my password here. I would like a step by step to doing this transition for a less the confident computer user. Thanks in advance.
Jackielou

Re: changing email and password for this site.

Post by Jackielou »

There is a place when you log in that says can't remember password.

However since this is a stand alone forum, with it's own notification system. Something that doesn't need to go through a regular email system. Why do you need to transition this account? I never get any notifications unless I ask for them in my regular mail. I suppose it would be handy in some cases like knowing if someone answers a question of mine, or if it is a thread I would wish to subscribe to but I find it just as easy to come back into the forum and read from where I left off on threads.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

This is why I asked about the email account.

"Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it using the email address associated with your account.

Thank you for registering.

--
Thanks, Erin"

Have the rules changed?
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Dg,

Whenever you're ready to update your email address, please send me a private message with your new email address. I will get it switched out for you. Your password will remain unchanged.

Best, Aaron
frugalaaron

Post by frugalaaron »

Just a follow up...If you've forgotten your password you can use the 'forgot password' link, when you are on the forum sign in screen. I'll be in and out of the forum this evening, and will check for your response whenever I'm in each time until we get this taken care of.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks