Daily check in August 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily check in August 12, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Sunny and another warm day on tap, though nowhere near as warm as you're facing, Jackie. Mercy!
Got lots done yesterday. Went out for dinner so DH could watch some of the Little League playoffs. Stopped by a place to look at wheel covers. Good price, but not sure about the quality.
Not sure what's on tap for today ... do have some things that I can accomplish, so we'll see what happens.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Unlike yesterday, today is sunny. I hope that we don’t get more rain because I’m hoping to cut mom’s backyard late today, probably after 6. The ixora bushes also need trimming but I probably won’t get to that today. The ixora are in direct sun most of the day so hard to find a good time.

I’ll do a bit of cleaning and paperwork today and then just relax. I’ve been researching a bit about Victoria Station in London. (Even at a young age, my mom always called me her navigator.) At Victoria, they opened a new entrance last year that makes it possible to avoid crossing the busy streets in the area. I’m planning to walk from Victoria to my London hotel.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy, I stripped and partially made the bed, for some reason I just couldn’t get the bottom sheet on straight. I finally decided it will do. The dirty now clean sheets are in the dryer.

I put breakfast into the microwave oven.

We have a good chance of rain today.

My Daughter took me shopping we visited while I shopped, she left right away. As she was trying to get home before the rain started. It is predicted to start about noon. I took advantage of the A/C in the store. And walked. I did more walking then needed by going up and down almost every aisle, In the store. This was pretty much needed as they are doing a reset. Very little is where it used to be in the store, even in on the same aisle.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good morning everyone. More rain here. This has been a very hot and wet summer.
Got home from our trip last night so will be cleaning the camper today.
Trip was great...kayaking with seals. Watching seals. Hiking.
I am in a fall cleaning mode.....time to sort and purge. Early Fall I go through every single closet and drawer.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hello, frugal ones. DH and I have been doing some shopping this morning with coupons in hand. Saved a bit on some of the myriad of gastrointestinal OTC stuff I take to manage the side effects of the brain disorder drug.

We also went to Ace Hardware and stocked up on AC filters. It is easier to buy a year's worth on sale.

Supper tonight will be spaghetti with homemade sauce and ground pork. There should be enough for DH and I to both have leftovers for lunches.

Used up the last of a tube of free hotel shampoo cleaning hairbrushes last night. I had found a bag of hotel shampoo and soaps at my old job that was brought in too late for a charity drive. Distributed it among the staff and brought the leftovers home to share with DS. It has been very useful.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Another very hot day. I did manage to get out and into the garden early. I picked tomatoes, the beans I missed, and one of the bigger watermelons. That will be our dessert tonight.

I froze the beans, got the jalepenos washed and bagged.

Now I am just enjoying the cool of an air conditioned house.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/