DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Sunday afternoon

I finished cooking the first tray of chicken and after dinner, I will do the last tray. I will use a pint of the freshly cooked chicken in stir fry tonight. I switched the stir fry to tonight and we had fish last night. I have reorganized and decided to give a bunch of unopened pasta and pasta sauce to the local food pantry. My neighbor said she would be glad to take it to it at her church. That leaves me with an open carton of pasta, some pasta sides that are out of date and some noodles. I still have the fruit and beans. Those we will eat a little at a time.

I started sorting dishes and stemware. The blue bubble dishes will stay and be my special dishes. It originally was a set of 8, not much of the set left, but enough for us and a couple of family members. They will store over the frig it turns out. The platters are a problem. I will have to think on that. I moved things around in the pantry as well. Gosh it takes a long time. The day went fast.

No rain which means things will be nicely dried out tomorrow and I can work outside.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday

The last batch of chicken thighs are waiting in a bag in the frig for processing. The trays are in the garbage for today's pickup. Hubs added a pair of expensive sandals to the charity bag. I added a pair of shoes yesterday. The charity bag is a good thing.

The next few days, I will continue to work for owning less.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday 2nd post

I used up 2 sample packs of meds. That is a savings of $7/pack or $14. Neighbor said bring the can food over on Saturday and she will take it to her church on Sunday. I asked if anyone in her family might want the stemware. She said she would ask.

It rained a long time last night, so everything is wet this morning. Guess it will be another day inside working on my "be orderly" challenge.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Monday 3rd post

I have packed the stemware up for transport. Don't know where it may go, but it will be ready. I also found places for my platters and most of the remaining things that once went in the corner hutch. I intend to sell the hutch with the table and bench, all American colonial style real wood. Near the end of the year. Time to downsize.

Now, I have swept most of the floors and did a bit extra in hubs room after finding dust bunnies. I still have to find places for my crock pots and rice vegetable cooker.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Tuesday

Be orderly is my personal challenge this month. Not only is August the rainiest month of the year, but it is the hottest most years. A good month to stay inside. I intend to continue my efforts inside with finding places for everything. A promise of drier weather Wednesday-Friday means outside work.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday

More things have places. We have a spare bed in the office room. It was opened up for the May visit of my son. I just now put it up against the wall. When it is down, it becomes a surface for stuff. And there was stuff. I went through the stuff and then put the bed up against the wall. I realized it would be a nice shelf and it is that now. Being put up, it clear the way to the window which is due to be replaced next month.

I got hubs closet cleaned up and organized with additional clothes going to charity.

I also finished my first recycled tee shirt around the house skirt. I like it.

I started on a new flower bed, but the rains hit and they continued until dark. :roll:

Hopefully, today will be drier as they promised.