COLA INCREASE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

COLA INCREASE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Woo hoo a 2.8 % increase! I know it is not much but every little penny helps. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Re: COLA INCREASE FOR SOCIAL SECURITY 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm Woo hoo a 2.8 % increase! I know it is not much but every little penny helps. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, have you heard anything about how much the medicare premium will increase. I have my secondary insurance Medigap Policy with Cigna-HealthSpring and it will decrease $20.00 per month. I have heard that Medicare Premiums want increase for 2019, but they always have since I have been on the plan.

You are correct every little penny does help!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:10 pm
alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:05 pm Woo hoo a 2.8 % increase! I know it is not much but every little penny helps. Janet Alliesmama
Janet, have you heard anything about how much the medicare premium will increase. I have my secondary insurance Medigap Policy with Cigna-HealthSpring and it will decrease $20.00 per month. I have heard that Medicare Premiums want increase for 2019, but they always have since I have been on the plan.

No I have not heard about the medicare premiums yet. If I do I will post them.My aide said they always give you $10.00 and then make it so you have to pay $14.00 some how. I figure no matter what the difference will be it is still a few more dollars that I did not have before. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:20 pm
littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:10 pm

No I have not heard about the medicare premiums yet. If I do I will post them.My aide said they always give you $10.00 and then make it so you have to pay $14.00 some how. I figure no matter what the difference will be it is still a few more dollars that I did not have before. Janet Alliesmama
Thanks, I think I got a $1.00 last year and really don't expect much more than that this year. I will get a nice little raise, but I bet Medicare premium will get the majority of it, it always has. I know they can't raise the Medicare premium more than our increase in social security. I bet FloridaCat knows about that rule. We probably want know until they send us out our benefit statements. I do know that the ceiling base on anyone working now will be $132,900.00 vs $128,400.00. That means that those still working will pay taxes on up to $132,900.00 of their earnings. That want make the young people happy when they are thinking they will never see a penny of their money back, but maybe they will. I sure hope so.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

Any increase I get will wash out between Medicaid and SNAP (food stamps).

I am NOT complaining at ALL. Every single day I am so grateful for the assistance I receive. I used to never talk about it.... but realize that it may be useful for people to know that someone they "know" does receive aid and maybe they can look into seeing if they qualify for themselves.

As for the COLA increase....last year mine was $22. My SNAP that I receive decreased from $108 to $99. My Medicaid monthly "spend down" I pay (like a premium/deductible) increased from $85 to $100.

So that is a $24 "loss" against the $22 "gain".

Again, that's ok by me...........and it does at least "feel" better to see a slightly bigger SS deposit amount, even if it's not an actual gain.
ohjodi
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jodi I know what you mean. I am grateful too for everything I receive.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama