Squash Casserole

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
littlemiss63

Squash Casserole

Post by littlemiss63 »

Mom’s Squash Casserole

2 # 303 cans cooked Squash (15 Oz)
½ Pint of Sour Cream
1 Onion Grated
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Sm jar Pimento, diced
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 Can Chow Mein Noodles

Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Drain squash. Place in a deep casserole dish . In another bowl add sour cream, onion, soup and pimentos. Add salt and pepper, stir in ¾ cup of noodles. Mix thoroughly then pour over the squash. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly.

Note” Everyone looked forward to this at Thanksgiving or Christmas at Mother’s house. Once she got the recipe it was her go to that she loved making.
delighted99

Re: Squash Casserole

Post by delighted99 »

Thanks so much for posting!
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

What's meant by #303?

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:36 pm Mom’s Squash Casserole

2 # 303 cans cooked Squash (15 Oz)
½ Pint of Sour Cream
1 Onion Grated
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Sm jar Pimento, diced
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 Can Chow Mein Noodles

Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Drain squash. Place in a deep casserole dish . In another bowl add sour cream, onion, soup and pimentos. Add salt and pepper, stir in ¾ cup of noodles. Mix thoroughly then pour over the squash. Sprinkle remaining noodles on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly.

Note” Everyone looked forward to this at Thanksgiving or Christmas at Mother’s house. Once she got the recipe it was her go to that she loved making.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

You can tell this recipe is old, I guess they used to go by that, but use the ounces as your guide, a little more or little less want matter. They have changed ounces in cans too. I wish I could remember how much fresh squash I have used in the past, but I would think it would be a little less than 4 cups. Just cook and mash up. Enjoy!