Kindle

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Kindle

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:25 am
Jackielou wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:20 am I have a kindle app on my tablet, but I also own the Canadian version a Kobo ereader.

I love both of them.
so you are saying that you can use any tablet as a kindle reader? in other words I don't need a kindle , but the kindle app?

IC
yes. I even have the app on my phone.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem-yes, you can down load the app and use it on any device as far as I know. My son actually has the app on his laptop. I dont go that far (mainly because it's not very comfortable in bed) but I have it on a ten inch tablet and on a seven inch tablet. I used to have it on my phone even so I could do bible readings and such out and about. Your library is kept in Amazon's cloud except for what you are reading. I really like my tablet version because it allows me to choose backgrounds like sepia, and individual fonts as well as the size of the letters. I actually have a pillow that hold the kindle/tablet in bed since my hands have started to get some arthritis.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Won’t be without one. Let’s me read without large print books. I have asked for the 10 inch kindl fire for Christmas as it can be used almost like an iPad. Want to watch prime movies.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I dont have the ten inch fire but I have the Samsung, and I do watch movies on it on occasion. Its not bad, except that dark movies look darker (thinking scenes in the Man in the High Castle since you or someone mentioned that one.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:00 pm Little Miss, the Overdrive app is free, but we have to buy a library membership to use it. We live outside the city limits, and only city residents get a free membership.
The city residents are paying for the library in their property taxes, so it's not really free for them. They have to pay that even if they never use the library. Mine is $85 of my property taxes (paid through my rent). My sister's family's is $135 and they never use the library.

But it's too bad that they can't let you just pay a month here and there if you want to use it only sometimes.
ohjodi
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Travelers season three is in Netflix now by the way, just saying.