Kindle

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
delighted99

Re: Kindle

Post by delighted99 »

I'm still using what I think is the 1st Kindle. Pictured here: https://the-digital-reader.com/wp-conte ... ront-1.jpg

I like that it does not have a lot of bells and whistles because the second I get access to a browser the urge to read my book seems to go away.

The cons for my device are that the screen is not backlit and it has to be charged. Paperbacks will always win here :)

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm Thoughts on a Kindle? I love reading, it looks like more and more books are e-books :roll:

I'm thinking of a Kindle, I have no idea of pros and cons

Thank you

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

OhJodi, I would love to have a pay as you use it library membership for ebooks. If I borrow and use them three months out of the year, I would be happy to pay $5 a month, for example. We live too far away to actually use the city library in person,
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I got my Kindle a couple of says ago, so far I do love it !!!

Whoever said it it's right, I looked for some older books but there are not an E_book at all, is that good or bad???

thank you all 8-)

IC
DianeMNurse

Post by DianeMNurse »

Have you guys tried the free app Libby? If your library participates, you put in your card number & you have access to a HUGE number of free print & audio books- current & best sellers often have a wait, but they do come around eventually. I love it!!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dh bought me a Kindle 2 years before the Kindle Fire came out, so mine is very basic. I haven't used it much in past 2 years, but I do have the app on my iPhone and use that sometimes. I used it heavily for several years, then have decreased just prior to when I started subbing.

I just like the feel of an actual book in my hands, and going to the library to select books.

I have been reading verylittle in last 2 months, especially since I started sewing these shirts.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm Thoughts on a Kindle? I love reading, it looks like more and more books are e-books :roll:

I'm thinking of a Kindle, I have no idea of pros and cons

Thank you

IC
I am a die-hard, card-carrying, I-want-to-hold-a-book-in-my-hands kinda girl. HOWEVER...I confess to reading my first book on my tablet (an Amazon Fire that my son gave me when Amazon had a special sale of 2-for-1)) and it wasn't *that* bad, lol. I read "The Handmaid's Tale" through Amazon's Prime Reading (free).

I'm going to look into the "Kindle Unlimited" subscription ($9.99 a month) with a 30 Day Free Trial.