Daily Check In December 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In December 23, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Jen, nice to hear from you.

Mackie, great news!!

Kitty, does your DD's bank have any sort of 800 number? That might be manned tomorrow. Florida's idea is good, too (or even if there's a website?)

I've been trying to upload a photo of my washboard, but no luck ... keeps telling me that it's too large. Sorry, folks ...
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:27 pm Jen, it is so good to hear from you. Hope all goes well with the move and your disability filing.

I am about ready for Christmas to be over. Not looking forward to all that cooking! Do need to make a pie today for our Christmas Eve meal.

Got some excellent news this week from the neuro-opthalmologist: the medication that has so many side effects has been cut by half because my optic nerves have improved so much. I do not have to see him again until April. Hoping for half the side effects! :-D Now that my vision is stable, I am going to see about getting daily contact lenses again.

This is an odd thing to be pleased about, but I told the folks at work back in October not to give me Christmas presents, and they did any way. It was mostly scented things that aggravate my allergies and stuff I can't eat. Managed to judiciously re-gift almost all of it. Kept a few small things that will actually get used: four Christmas tree ornaments, a small basket and a tiny jar of marmalade.

DS's girlfriend and her mother got most of the gifts and they were thrilled. Definitely gave his standing in the mom's eyes an A plus. :-D

Off to putter and clean. Hope everyone has a lovely frugal day.
Mackie so happy to hear that your eyes are improving so much and that you can reduce your medication..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon all,

A very sad day here in our community-an off duty fire fighter died in a single car roll-over accident. It turns out he was the DH of one of my son's co-workers-a very nice lady that he and I have known for a few years. Such a horrible thing to happen, especially just before Christmas. DS told me when I was half asleep. I was so upset I did not sleep that well. My dog also decided to dart out the front door when I opened it so I had to chase him down the court and carry all 25 pounds of him back. So I am sore, sad, tired and decided today will be a pajama day.

I am still working on the pantry bit by bit. It's half way done so I will definitely have it cleaned and everything back in place by Christmas. No plans to do anything else other than do some TV binge viewing.

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Worked for a couple of hours decorating the church. Still was not complete, but I was done. There was no real organization and people were standing around with nothing to do.

I am quite pleased Hubby decided that he would much rather stay at home Christmas Day. I was dreading going to his sister's and hearing all the hate and lies spewing from his families mouths. They hate our Prime Minister with a passion and have no filter what so ever.

I don't like lies, but will make up a bit of a story about me being ill. Really not that false as I don't need the stress right now.

Oldest DS should be home around 7 tonight. It will be great to be surrounded by the men that are the most important humans to me.

Off to get supper started.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

DD used her work computer and logged in to her account...it's all good. Se was NOT one of the poor people to be compromised. But she did say she will be talking to the bank about a different card.

The prime rib at dads turned out "da bomb" !!! I even ate some and I am not a huge fan. Dad ate like a small pony and said it was wonderful...so tender you could cut it with a fork. He had me leave him a plate for lunch tomorrow. I also cleaned, vacuumed and changed bedding. had to have something to do while the meat was roasting and resting. A productive day but I am whipped.

Tomorrow I have to gas up the vehicle and get some cards to put the cash gifts into. I guess then I will be a ready for Christmas as I ever will be.

I need to come up with supper idea for tomorrow, salad and ???
JCKitty
Jens_Cats

Post by Jens_Cats »

Hi, everyone! Thanks for the welcome back! I'm sorry to have been away for so long. For a whole, I was working for days a week, and it w was killing me! All u could do when I got home was read, sleep or watch TV/youTube. That's the main reason I haven't been back.

Mackie, great news about your eyes!

More in today's update thread.
Is good to be home.
Jen
Sage Alley: My green/simple living blog:
http://sagealley.blogspot.com