Daily Check In December 28, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In December 28, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Off to take my pill. Back in a little bit, probably when the water has woke me up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In December 28, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Coldest morning here yet. Brrrr, I think that winter is finally here for good. Right now it is -22 C but feels like -29 C (-8 F and -20 F ). It is a day to curl up, but as I was slightly blocked in yesterday I will be heading out shopping and to the bank once youngest DS has headed back to his home.

Oldest DS will be heading home on Sunday. He was getting dates mixed up saying that he would be leaving tomorrow rather than the 30th (thinking that was Sunday). He finally figured it out yesterday.

Youngest DS and I managed to get 3 of the 4 skeins of alpaca yarn wound into balls yesterday. Just one left, which I may have to get Hubby to help me with today. I am almost finished the prayer shawl (probably 12 or so inches left to do) so it will be time for me to cast on another project or three. Thinking, mitts, another prayer shawl and the temperature blanket. Those should keep me pretty busy for awhile, I still need to locate some yarn to separate the months of the year in the temperature blanket.

I have some chores to do today as well. Many of which will be completed before heading out the door. Lots are just little 3 or 4 minute tasks, but enough of them do add up to a little chunk of time.

Then it will be a bit of a resting time this afternoon. I will knit, watch old episodes of Criminal Minds (almost finished to where I can definitely remember said episodes) and perhaps even play with my Google Mini a bit if I get in the sewing room.

Supper tonight needs to be something that does not add to leftovers in the fridge. I am thinking that glace would use up the remaining eggs, and some of the onion in the depths of the fridge right now.

Today I am grateful for a warm house and the ability to keep it warm.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning,

I am enjoying my coffee. We have rain. I am Working from home today so I will throw in my laundry. I want to put away wrapping paper and tidy up. I may also get out my sewing machine manual and look at the maintenance directions. It may need a touch of oiling. it was getting wonky on me. I should be a quiet day for work.

Tonight is a party with my Dad's side of the family. It is a bring your leftovers, we will order pizza and have a white elephant exchange. Always lots of fun. I am so lucky to have such fun family. On my way home from the office yesterday I stopped by and saw DDIL and DGS1 (DGS2 was napping). DGS showed me his Christmas presents. DDIL said her parents gifted them $$ for a down payment on a fence for their yard. Her Mom wanted to take then on a trip to Italy in the spring, but it is the same time I will be going and the idea of leaving the kids here without any grandparents nearby and with DS1 having not enough vacation, they declined. So her Mom gifted them the airfare she was going to spend. But the fence will be a great life enhancer. Their St. Bernard broke her lead. So she has not been spending time outside the past few weeks. They kids can go out and Mom and dad can work in the yard without having to keep eyes constantly as soon as they teach the little one to adhere to the boundaries. So I am excited for them.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Raining here too, and it's 52 (11c).

Anyway, quick trip to the stores (DH needed some chili ingredients; I found some veggies on markdown) and finally found some reasonably priced double-stick tape. (Meaning I was able to finish another photo mat project.)

Today, need to take care of various bits of business. Will be near JoAnn's, so will pop in there to look at a couple of things. Stir fry for dinner, so I'll be in the kitchen doing some chopping. (Still need to clean out that fridge and make room for stuff ...)
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy trying to put things away. I have sheets in the dryer and the bottom sheet on the bed.

I have been trying to put things away. I need to find places for some of it. I am also planning on purging a lot of yarn I know I will never use. Some I don’t enjoy knitting with some, I bought too much. Some is simply left over from projects.

I am still having Penguin problems among my presents was a Penguin decoration on one of my presents. Of course the little Teddy Bear showed up when I unpacked the bag but the penguin was missing. I will continue looking.

I tired on the ring again, today it fits. My fingers joints constantly change size. Christmas day it was too small.

The garbage is gathered and out, I even managed to do the shredding I have been putting off for days this morning.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Very warm and sticky here. I don’t like it.

I’m going to have a quiet day. I’m more than half finished the Michelle Obama book and will continue with that (slow reader). I’ll run to mom’s house after 11 a.m. and put the trash can back in the garage.

Good news about my Rx yesterday. After an initial glitch because I had failed to activate the Rx card, the cost was only $30. This should be the cost each month until I go on Medicare. My other brand name Rx from the same company will hopefully be $60 for a three-month supply. I’ll need to get that next month. The Rx company has become more generous with their subsidies. This program is not need based but available only to those with commercial insurance, not Medicare, Medicaid or Tricare. The bad thing is that the program is no longer available to “cash” customers. So those who cannot afford insurance - in particular those who make too little for ACA subsidies since Florida did not expand Medicaid (no surprise) - are screwed once again.

My other “savings” is that my home treatment on my toe appears to be working. So I won’t have to pay the $75 to see a podiatrist.

Have a good day.