Daily Check In December 28, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In December 28, 2018

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello frugal friends,

Bil woke up dh early so he in turn woke me up. I feel hungover from lack of sleep... we stayed up until 2 am watching compilations of funny YouTube videos — OOPS!

As for Bil, *sigh* what a mess. He’s acting kind of crazy, calls dh demanding gas money every few days (dh filled up bil’s car 3x in a week!!), and in general acts like everyone he knows should be hovering over him. He just had foot surgery a week ago to amputate a toe, and he's walking/running around on it; ugh the pictures he sends us. Dh was just telling me that a) he’s worried that bil will lose his foot if he's not careful, and b) he can't keep filling up bil’s car every 2-3 days; he's put in over $100 thus far. ☹️

I did not sew yesterday. I had a funny-strange pain in my abdomen all day yesterday, and sitting seemed to make it worse.
Last night I finally took a hot bath with 4x my usual amount of Epsom salts to see if that would help, plus I slept with heating pad against my belly for half the night. It all seems to have worked, no more strange pain. Not sure of the cause, though I can guess.

So I will sew later, and probably wash girls’ clothes, and maybe clean bathrooms... with a nap tucked in somewhere.

Dh wants to go out to dinner tonight, hopefully children will eat leftovers.

Today I’m thankful for a few more days before school resumes.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:01 am As for Bil, *sigh* what a mess. He’s acting kind of crazy, calls dh demanding gas money every few days (dh filled up bil’s car 3x in a week!!), and in general acts like everyone he knows should be hovering over him. He just had foot surgery a week ago to amputate a toe, and he's walking/running around on it; ugh the pictures he sends us. Dh was just telling me that a) he’s worried that bil will lose his foot if he's not careful, and b) he can't keep filling up bil’s car every 2-3 days; he's put in over $100 thus far. ☹️

Gayle, if BIL is disabled and doesn't work where in the world does he go to spend a $100 worth of gas in 2-3 days? Your DH is going to have to draw the line somewhere as I'm sure that you all can't continue to supply him with gas at the rate he's using it.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

It stormed here all night with high winds and heavy rain and I didn't sleep well at all. I tried to sleep in this morning, but my body just wasn't cooperating. I have got quite a bit to do on my lists today so guess it's best that I'm up and about anyway.

Mr. B had made banana nut bread when he was here and I pulled the last loaf out of the freezer last night to have for breakfast this morning. I had a nice slice with a glass of milk and it was so good. He is a great cook.

I need to go to the tax assessor's office this morning and pay my taxes on a couple of rental houses. They aren't due until February 28th, 2019, but I like to pay them in the actual year they were assessed for income tax purposes. I am going to start sorting all my tax return information into a basket this next week so I will have it organized to do by end of January when everything comes in.

I am also going to process some apples that are going to go bad on me if I don't do something with them. I am going to make Kitty's fried apples with them. I bought a 3 lb bag and that was way more than I could eat in the time-frame needed.

Well, that is about all the news from here. I hope that everyone gets to feeling much better for the New Year and that we don't have tornado's develop. It was 55º this morning and that is way to warm after a rain for us.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good day all,
slept in a little bit, probably cause I stayed up later. It's all good.
The wind yesterday was awful, I have branches and limbs down everywhere ...again. They may have to wait till spring cause I don't do yardwork in the cold....plus the yard is way wet and gushy. Mud heaven.

LittleMiss, we could eat fried apples every night, they are that good....enjoy!

I have fed the chickens and ran the duster, cleaned kitchen and done 1 load laundry so far, plus the little things that don't get written on the list.
It's such a gloomy day I have my twinkle lights on.

I have a grocery list started for tomorrow, also need to visit the recycle depot. Planning a stop at the library also.
Off to read and catch up.
JCKitty
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:42 am Gayle, if BIL is disabled and doesn't work where in the world does he go to spend a $100 worth of gas in 2-3 days? Your DH is going to have to draw the line somewhere as I'm sure that you all can't continue to supply him with gas at the rate he's using it.
Oh LM, AMEN!! I have no idea how he is using up 900+ miles-worth of gas in a week.

We definitely cannot take care of bil, neither do we want to.

We are currently in next biggest town at hospital with him. Dh felt sorry for bil, due to several sobbing voicemails, so we’ll fill up his car one more time, then the plan is dh is to tell him he cannot do this again. As we truly cannot. We need to care for our own family first; plus the profanely verbal abusr given out by bil is not what I need my littles exposed to, no matter how much we love the guy.

Dh does keep saying “Just think of all the free meals at their house.” My reply is that we've fed them lots too, especially all the times when their children horned in on our anniversary dinners (back when we made $700/month), or our children’s birthday dinners, or holidays... Or the other times we’ve lent them money.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

good morning,

What a day so far, started last night. :shock:

Goldie has the runs, who know s what she ate, she is part lab and she digs around in the backyard. :?

Last night I cleaned up 2 spots and today about 3, I have put the pen back together and put her into it. She is not happy but until she is well, there you are.

It's been less then 24 hours so I'm going to watch her. What makes it frustrating is tha tI am taking her out in the backyard and she is "going" in the house !!!