Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello again,

I am settling in for another day of work from home. Yesterday I finished the last of the microwave cozies I started. I have already committed to making a t-shirt quilt for my niece and helping my Aunt make one for my cousin. Both are graduating seniors who were high school varsity athletes.

I got a notice at my door that because some of the residents at my apartment complex (as someone put it at Christmas, a high-rent district) cannot make sure trash actually makes it into the dumpster, they are starting a "trash Valet" server at about $20 a month where we will have to keep a 33 gallon trash can in the apartment and put outside the door M-W-F for pickup. This is on top of the undisclosed "utility fee" of about $100 a month I pay for common electricity. Sigh.

Anyways,
Have a good day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning.. It is chilly and pretty much going stay around 31 to 40 something and overcast all day.. I love overcast weather. For some reason I thrive in it compared to sunshine..

Not much planned for today other than puttering in the kitchen. I want to make a loaf of gluten free bread and some keto buns for sandwiches. Will be using up leftovers from New Year.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:16 am Hello again,

I am settling in for another day of work from home. Yesterday I finished the last of the microwave cozies I started. I have already committed to making a t-shirt quilt for my niece and helping my Aunt make one for my cousin. Both are graduating seniors who were high school varsity athletes.

I got a notice at my door that because some of the residents at my apartment complex (as someone put it at Christmas, a high-rent district) cannot make sure trash actually makes it into the dumpster, they are starting a "trash Valet" server at about $20 a month where we will have to keep a 33 gallon trash can in the apartment and put outside the door M-W-F for pickup. This is on top of the undisclosed "utility fee" of about $100 a month I pay for common electricity. Sigh.

Anyways,
Have a good day,
Maggie
Maggie that is very irksome to have extra money to pay out. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

By the time I finish posting this there will be more than Maggie's good morning folks in front of me.

Weather has improved at least temperature wise. It has risen to -5 C (feels like -13 C) this morning. Still a big improvement over what the last few days have been like.

I will be spending much of the morning doing some necessary household cleaning. I have a cousin (and her friend) staying overnight before they head to the U.S. to pick up a horse. I am not too sure what time they will be arriving, but sometime in the late afternoon or early evening is my guess. A tidy up of the spare bedroom and a cleaning of the basement library bedroom is in order. It will be nice to meet her as she could not make the reunion a year and a half ago.

I have some tidying of the living room to do as well, the tree and decorations will be taken down to give us a bit more space. I also need to tidy my knitting area as there are projects and project bags all over the place.

We meet with our financial advisor early this afternoon. I have some RRSP's to reinvest and perhaps we will go over our other investments.

Usual frugal habits will be taking place. We have lots of leftovers that we could have for a meal, but if my cousin and her friend are here for supper something else will need to be done (she is an awesome cook so this is a bit nerve racking). Perhaps I should just make my Morroccan Lentil soup....

As I said before my mantra from last year will be carried over to this year, but late last night I realized that I should probably add to it. This will be the year I actually will make most of my own clothing or refashion what I have. It will make for an interesting year and a good way to use up all or at least most of my present stashes. I even have the right fabric and a pattern to make my own panties (going to give that a whirl this year). It will also be the year where I challenge myself to learn new skills and find any hidden talents that I may have. Sure is going to be an interesting year ahead.

Off I go to get my day started. I will post again later.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:16 am Hello again,

Anyways,
Have a good day,
Maggie
Aren't those cozies the best. Our eldest son loves the ones I made him for Christmas last year.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/