Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check in Jan 2, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 pm Catfish update

I think I told y’all that she never quit her job or flew out to be with the catfish. That was supposed to happen this last weekend

Thought she might have learned her lesson.

Nope. He said it’s just hard to get flights right now. From Texas to Virginia? Really? So giving him more time to coordinate that. :?
Clem,she is determined to not see the truth. Hard to get flights from Virginia???? That alone might give her a hint. When is it ever very hard to make an airline reservations in the states? You have done what you can do and she may have to learn her lesson the hard way through loss of income to do this. If she is her only source of income that is really a shame. Have you ever been on this site, it tells some sad sad stories. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2015/ ... -and-money
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Rain, rain go away, please come back another day. That is my mantra. Our river is overflowing and since it's expected for the rest of the week we are going to have some flooding in lower lying areas. I just feel sorry for all the people that will be cleaning up if this happens. I don't know why DH and I always seem to buy houses on a hill, there was no reason at the time in our heads, but sure am glad we did.

I wasn't very hungry this morning so had a nice juicy pear for breakfast. I don't know yet what I will fix for dinner, but it will be something quick and easy.

It's been an easy day chore wise and it amazed me when I did my inventory of beauty essentials that I may not need to shop for much this year. After getting them all reorganized I had way more than I realized. Toothpaste is the only thing I am low on, lotions, creme's, soap, shampoo, conditioners I shouldn't have to buy all year. I am going to make myself go through all this before I purchase anything else. I am bad about buying products because someone else recommends them and I wind up starting to use the new item and not finish up what I had. I'm going to get as hard=nosed about that as I do about food waste. I can't stand to waste food.

I have also finally gotten all my yearly check-up's scheduled for January. I like to do as many as I can in January to get them over with. Eyes, ears, teeth, annual check-up, done!

BeckyO and Shelia so good to see your posts and please do try and get by more often. I wonder about so many that we haven't heard from in a long time if they are still with us that had health issues. I know many of you remember Marcia, the teacher from Atlanta, I think about her every time I drive through there. She had the stroke and was put into a facility I believe. Life is so fragile. Anyone hear from Pattie in Memphis?

Well, I need to decide what I will have for dinner so will get on that. Everyone have a great rest of the day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:04 pm Clem,she is determined to not see the truth. Hard to get flights from Virginia???? That alone might give her a hint. When is it ever very hard to make an airline reservations in the states? You have done what you can do and she may have to learn her lesson the hard way through loss of income to do this. If she is her only source of income that is really a shame. Have you ever been on this site, it tells some sad sad stories. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2015/ ... -and-money
Yes. I’ve read that. All the stories the same scenario. It’s shut down for now due to the government shutdown.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:55 pm Yes. I’ve read that. All the stories the same scenario. It’s shut down for now due to the government shutdown.
Government shut down affects everything doesn't it? She needs to read some of those stories. The only reason that we can be taken advantage of is because we refuse to listen to the information that is out there. You mind just turns this off, you think it "can't be happening to me, I'm different". Not the case.

DH has a cousin that is the same way. She's in such dire financial straits now and I wonder how much she has sent to these scammers for I know that at one time her deceased husband had left her well fixed. Maybe, she's gone through the money like water, but I think she's been taken advantage of and is to ashamed to admit it, now that she has lost a lot of her income. I have thought about these television evangelist, in a sense they are scammers too. I know several people that were sending them 100's of dollars a month and we just all have to be careful that we don't get carried away with our causes.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:15 pm Bright sunshine and extremely cold here! There was frost outside everywhere when I got up this morning. Mt. Dishmore and Mt. Washmore have been taken care of. I am taking my 2008 van to gas up at Costco before heading out to Kaiser. DD was admitted to the hospital early yesterday for a respiratory infection and is on IV antibiotics. Hopefully she will be going home over the weekend.

Other than gassing up I do not plan to spend any $$$ today. All the bills were paid yesterday so I am good to go. Tomorrow I have bowling and then I go back to work.

Bev
Bev..hope your daughter recovers quickly.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:15 pm Bright sunshine and extremely cold here! There was frost outside everywhere when I got up this morning. Mt. Dishmore and Mt. Washmore have been taken care of. I am taking my 2008 van to gas up at Costco before heading out to Kaiser. DD was admitted to the hospital early yesterday for a respiratory infection and is on IV antibiotics. Hopefully she will be going home over the weekend.

Other than gassing up I do not plan to spend any $$$ today. All the bills were paid yesterday so I am good to go. Tomorrow I have bowling and then I go back to work.

Bev
Bev sorry to hear about your DD. I do hope she is much better soon. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama