Make Your Own Poo-pourri Spray

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
Liz50

Make Your Own Poo-pourri Spray

Post by Liz50 »

This is a great recipe to make your own bathroom (toilet bowl) spray. The oil makes a barrier to prevent odors from escaping the bowl.

You'll need a 2 ounce spray bottle or bottle with dropper.

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. Rubbing Alcohol
10 to 15 drops essential oil of your choice
Add enough distilled water to fill the bottle.

Shake well before each use. Spray 4 or 5 spritz (or if using a dropper, a few drops) into toilet bowl before the "go". The oil makes a barrier to prevent odors from escaping the bowl.
2dogs+someCats

Re: Make Your Own Poo-pourri Spray

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Thanks - I was looking at that online over the holidays and it's expensive.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I can't wait to try this. My sister gave me a bottle for Christmas last year and I have really enjoyed having it to take on trips. At home since it's only me I use an inexpensive room spray. The bottle she gave me is 2 ounces so it will be perfect to refill with this recipe. Had no idea you could make it yourself, thanks for the tip.

Shelia, you are correct it is expensive. I think it was $9.93 on Amazon and of course you've gotta pay shipping and tax which would bring it to $17.43 for me.
Liz50

Post by Liz50 »

I believe this recipe works as well as the store bought stuff. Our daughter found some bottles of it at her Dollar Tree recently. One buck for it isn't bad, but I have plenty of essential oils to continue making it at home. I like the homemade just as well as the store bought and it's cheap enough to make. Glad y'all can use this recipe. :)
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Liz50 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:39 pm I believe this recipe works as well as the store bought stuff. Our daughter found some bottles of it at her Dollar Tree recently. One buck for it isn't bad, but I have plenty of essential oils to continue making it at home. I like the homemade just as well as the store bought and it's cheap enough to make. Glad y'all can use this recipe. :)
Liz I love essential oils and have so many different scents so this will be no problem for me to make it. I have never seen any at my Dollar Tree. Wish they all carried the same merchandise. Again, thank you and so glad that you joined us.
Liz50

Post by Liz50 »

I love essential oils, too. Good for so many things. Thank you for the nice welcome!