Daily Check-in January 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily Check-in January 10, 2019

Post by BevMoore »

Rinty,

Here in the States we have an orange cretin throwing a big temper tantrum because he hasn't gotten his wall...sheesh!

Bev
Happychoice

Post by Happychoice »

The sun is shining today and that makes me so happy after loads of gray this past while. I am venturing out for a couple of errands and just to absorb some of the brightness.

It's another frugal day. Just the word January inspires me to be frugal. I'll walk to the library and to the pharmacy after for seniors 20% discount day today for a couple of items. As well as discount, my loyalty card will gain points. Even though it's pretty cold out today, -16 C with WC, the walk will be worth it. I didn't make it out for a walk yesterday, but did walk to Leslie Sansome. Today will be just a two meal day, eggs, turkey bacon for lunch, and dinner will be another portion of homemade soup with salad on the side. A load of clothes was washed in cold water and will be dried in dryer. It will be a no drive, allowable spend day and a good day overall.

I'm needing to put on my positive thinking hat (moreso than usual hat) 'cause the world right now seems so negative.... Cda, GB, USA, China all having challenges.
Happiness is a choice!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

need to see if I have discovered all the Christmas ornaments that didn’t get in my under bed bin and put them into the bin.

I need to plan meals for after my surgery. If I can cut meat with my cookie lifter I won’t have a problem. I was able to cut up some cooked chicken I heated up in the freezer with the cookie lifter I will have no problems.

It will only be for a few days.

I have lots of plastic bags to keep my hand clean and dry. I have newspaper bags for showers.

Penny
rinty

Post by rinty »

BevMoore wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 pm Rinty,

Here in the States we have an orange cretin throwing a big temper tantrum because he hasn't gotten his wall...sheesh!

Bev
You win, your's is :shock: way scarier
rinty

Post by rinty »

Another quick post before I turn this sucker off, its nearly 8pm after all......

I was reflecting on today which I hadn't looked forward to in the slightest as I still feel fragile and BLEUGGGHHH thanks to everything that is Ulcerative Colitus.

It was such a nice day. At one point we had a roomful of students who were ENTHUSED AS ALL GET OUT about their descriptive writing. Sometimes it can feel you have at least 17 out of 30 kids wailing for assistance sometimes they get it...........today, thanks be to our brilliant young teacher, they got it indeed. READ MINE, Miss !!!! MIss, READ MINE ! One boy is usually the very , very last to work up the slightest enthusiasm, couldn't believe what he came up with, it was GREAT. My lunchtime class cheered my return ( largely because I have a sense of humour and proportion ) and I got thru the day without throwing up............hurrah.

I parked down the road, as I got to my car a young mum was wrangling 2 small boys into hers. One shouted out " THATS MY TEACHER !!!" He is 5 and he and I are well acquainted as he is forever at my first aid station..........as I got into the car he bawled out " Miss ! Have you had a great day ?????" His mum burst out laughing and I called back " Yes ! Do you have a great day too ?"

Sooo cute.

AND DDIL has posted pictures of the DGKs playing with the toys we took over wearing the clothes I got for pennies in the sales. So life is good. No Spend too ;)

Though I do feel an overwhelming urge to book a cruise which DH plans us to do in 2020...............
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hey frugals -
Had another 12 hour sleep and feel much better. Found out today that I do not have to back up to the cloud and pay their ransom of a couple of bucks per month. So I will call back tomorrow with the phone hooked to the computer and the cloud can suck it. When I bought my iMac, I bought a second hard drive and had it set up so it automatically backs up every 15 seconds everything on my computer so I don't need their stinking cloud. It infuriated me that I started getting notices to pay Apple for more cloud space when I never asked for it to begin with. OK - deep breath.

Rinty - I will trade you Brexit for Trump and give you $20.00 as a sweetener. Just saying.

Hubs and I are heading to get paste wax after his nap. He has the first of my $14 bargain chairs redone and ready for paste wax. Also going to make a stop at Aldi's for stock up. On a bargain grocery group on facebook I read, someone said their Aldi's was limiting stock up of canned goods to one case per purchase. Has anyone here seen anything like that? Scared the snot out of me.

Other than this - not much going on here. Went to the Dentist yesterday - always a good time. Well off to my downstairs larder and see what I need to restock. Have a good afternoon all!