Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Our 2019 No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

this is great information. I will have to look into this. Thanks for sharing.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 am this is great information. I will have to look into this. Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I just found out I may get reimbursed via my pension for the increased medicare costs that swallowed up my 2.8% SS COLA. I need to send a copy of my notice from SS to CalPers. It will be nice to get that back, especially if things wind up tanking from all directions and the subbing job market dries up. I will send everything and see what happens.

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

BevMoore wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:42 pm I just found out I may get reimbursed via my pension for the increased medicare costs that swallowed up my 2.8% SS COLA. I need to send a copy of my notice from SS to CalPers. It will be nice to get that back, especially if things wind up tanking from all directions and the subbing job market dries up. I will send everything and see what happens.

Bev
Bev great news.. I hope you do get reimbursed. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Momof2Still

Post by Momof2Still »

Good evening. The week went fairly well. I have been eating leftovers the last couple of days for all meals, so no money out for food (or anything else for that matter). I think this weekend will be a very low/no spend weekend. I have plenty of fresh foods left in the fridge to get through the upcoming week, so I am not going grocery shopping. I had a couple of meals planned for this past week that got moved to this coming week, which moves a couple that I had originally planned for this coming week will be moved to the following week.

It is cooler here, but certainly not as cold as some places. I definitely do not have to worry about snow. Even with leaving my bedroom window cracked, it is 72 degrees in the house- no heat needed. I have turned off most of the room fans, so saving money on the electric bill.

I am tutoring in the morning, so money coming in instead of going out. I have to wash all the animal bowls, scrape the cat boxes, and clean the rabbit cage and her litter box. Other than that, a little straightening here and there, and maybe a load of laundry and then tomorrow I am free to relax.

Well, off to read. I did develop a migraine yesterday, and my head was hurting bad enough it woke me up before 4:00 am so I am feeling tired now. My head feels much better and should be fine by tomorrow.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Momof2Still wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:37 pm Good evening. The week went fairly well. I have been eating leftovers the last couple of days for all meals, so no money out for food (or anything else for that matter). I think this weekend will be a very low/no spend weekend. I have plenty of fresh foods left in the fridge to get through the upcoming week, so I am not going grocery shopping. I had a couple of meals planned for this past week that got moved to this coming week, which moves a couple that I had originally planned for this coming week will be moved to the following week.

It is cooler here, but certainly not as cold as some places. I definitely do not have to worry about snow. Even with leaving my bedroom window cracked, it is 72 degrees in the house- no heat needed. I have turned off most of the room fans, so saving money on the electric bill.

I am tutoring in the morning, so money coming in instead of going out. I have to wash all the animal bowls, scrape the cat boxes, and clean the rabbit cage and her litter box. Other than that, a little straightening here and there, and maybe a load of laundry and then tomorrow I am free to relax.

Well, off to read. I did develop a migraine yesterday, and my head was hurting bad enough it woke me up before 4:00 am so I am feeling tired now. My head feels much better and should be fine by tomorrow.
I do the same thing, move meals we do not eat to the next week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/