Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
High 20s here and it finally stopped snowing. I think we ended up with about 6 inches at my house. I hear snowplows running ...
Anyway, made applesauce yesterday and did some puttering. Plan more of the same today. A non-leftover meal tonight, LOL, which means I need to get the slow cooker set up later this morning.
No plans to go out today, even though my growing grocery list is starting to bug me. It can wait another day ;)
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check-in, January 13, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Wolf, glad that you didn't get anymore snow than you did. We have the rain, and I want be going to church this morning as I can't trust myself to walk the distance I have to from a parking lot into the church. Since my fall a couple years ago I am not taking any chances. The Lord understands. I can watch the services on the internet so all is not lost.

After breakfast I will fold the last of the laundry for the week, press four sets of pillowcases and call it good. That is really all I have to do today so I see some reading and watching TV in my plan for the day.

I hope all of you that were getting snow are able to be plowed or shoveled out quickly. I am so glad I no longer live in the Dakota's at my age for I wouldn't be able to shovel out anything. I use to love it, but that was when DH was young and spry and could have it done in no time. Lord, I miss that man being with me. Someday's it just hits me of how much I lost when he died and this is one of those days. He will soon be gone 5 years and it doesn't seem possible.

Well, I am off to see what I can get into and hope all of you have a great day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Sunday morning all,

Last day of 80F degree weather. Turns cooler tomorrow. I want to finish off the beef and beans today. I don't want hubs to have beans the night prior to his cataract operation, Tuesday morning. So fish patties tomorrow night. Good laundry day as well today with predicted light winds.

Today, I will finish the new back patio. I have the dirt smoothed down and the plastic laid down and marble chips poured over most of it. I have 3 more bags of chips and that should finish it off.

I raked up all the south side leaves I could yesterday. After I transplant the wildflowers that popped up, I will run the mower over the area to make it less ragged. Also work on the leaves on the north side front yard. Those leaves will go into my north side flower beds. Well, that should make for a full day.

I used the back brace yesterday. It was recommended by a neighbor who has severe back issues. It is great. I had not realized how much ache I was enduring working outside. the lack of pain left me feeling so energized. I anticipate putting in a long day and having energy left at night.

Today, I am grateful for a back brace and less pain. Have a good day everyone.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Wow I slept in this morning! I must have needed the rest, or I am preparing for some sleepless nights ahead (I really am unable to sleep very well in a strange bed and with added stress...…).

Today I plan to get a few more things done after Mass. I am going to make a packing list (yep do so even for one day as things could morph into more than one night easily here on the prairies), fold the clothes that are hanging up, get some extra cleaning completed, and then I get to move onto the fun things like my various on the go projects.

Weather-wise today seems to be looking pretty good. No sunrise as of yet, but the temperature is higher than this time yesterday, and no snow (light or heavy) is falling from the sky.

Frugally speaking we will be eating from the fridge and cupboards, getting that roast out of the freezer this morning (should have done so late last night). Pulling some green beans out of there as well.

It will be another use it up day as far as possible. I have tuna casserole from Friday that I plan on having for lunch.

I am finally doing some hand quilting on my butterfly quilt. Takes awhile, but I am going to get it done. I would really like this quilt to be on our bed by the end of the month, but I will be happy with the middle of next month. I still need to go through fabric and see if I have enough of anything that matches for a binding. Pretty sure I have some cream fabric in my stash somewhere. That would be another lovely use it up when strip cutting begins (I am going to need a lot!).

Used up a ball of the lovely alpaca that DS bought me for Christmas and added the second. I am making a headband to match the mitts, but shouldn't use too much of the second wound ball. I will probably have enough to make some fingerless mitts or perhaps I will use the second colour he bought me to make striped mitts.

You probably guessed that supper will be roast beef. I am serving it with roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and green beans (getting my veggie intake up as I can). Leftovers will be packaged and frozen for other meals late on.

Today I am grateful that the days seem to be getting just a tad longer.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I hope that those of you with snow are able to dig out without problems. When I moved back to Florida from Virginia, I was happy to give my snow shovel and ice scraper to a friend.

I slept well last night and feel rested today. Most likely I’ll stay home.

Yesterday I started transferring photos to my laptop. I rarely use my laptop (mostly use the iPad) and realized I am not very familiar with Windows 10. Tried to download iTunes but the installation got “stuck.” I read that one issue might be the Updates need clearing out. I tried to do updates and believe it or not it is still downloading after leaving the laptop on all night. My internet is not super fast but still! I’m determined to get the laptop “cleaned up” as much as possible. Mom bought me this Dell laptop on the spur of the moment at Best Buy about 3-4 years ago and from the start I wasn’t comfortable with it but I’m going to make it work for me.

Related to computers, I’m a hoarder when it comes to emails and will work on that today, too. That will keep me busy.

I did get all my laundry done yesterday. Just the regular chores today so I’ll have lots of time to read.

Tonight the Critics Choice awards are on the CW network. Two of my favorite, The Americans and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, are up for several awards each. I have not yet watched season 2 of Mrs. Maisal, saving it for a stretch of cold days.

Stay warm and take it very slow if you have to shovel snow.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Last night before bed I typed up the pattern from the notes I made when I knit the Penguin I am designing. I printed it and I will knit it again and make notes on the page and make the corrections.

I have a white wash in the dryer, a blanket wash in the washer, next is towels. Tomorrow I will be changing my bed and washing my hair.

Then on Tuesday I will finish packing, I need to find out what time my daughter is planning on picking me up. We need to go to the library to renew my card before we head to the surgical center. I have to be there at 1 pm. It is about a half hour drive from my apartment.

I will be cooking a pot roast today. I also need to cook some chicken breasts. I am not sure if I will cook them today or tomorrow.

Penny