Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:39 am Today is a no-spender, so I'm at 5 of 12.... 41.6% ?

I've decided spending health-related FSA funds doesn't count as spending. Its totally set aside just for medical care, and its used just for that.

Had to see 2 doctors...well, one PA and one doctor, this week. The PA (paid for this visit, urgent care) tried to naturalize me into curing oncoming pneumonia she thought was viral. Yeah, I know my viral reaction and my bacteria reaction, and this is totally bacterial. Yesterday a real doctor (free visit, DH's company has an on-site medical thing, weird hours but for better care I took time off my 'work') gave me appropriate meds and WOW just a day of the right stuff and a decent night of not hacking up a lung and I feel pretty dang good for the first time in 10 days. Not pushing it, know better than that, but it feels nice to be able to get most of a full breath.

DH gets home from another business thing tonight. That probably means at least a Lowe's trip this coming week :lol:
Glad you were able to see the MD to get a better opinion and proper medication.. Glad you are starting to improve. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

6 of 15... 40%

He didn't go to Lowe's - he got weed killer (pre-emergent) at WalMart instead. It was inevitable.

Feeling better. Not fully recovered but much better than I would be if that 2nd doctor hadn't provided real help.

Sunny and cold here. Tulsa's temp next Sunday the 20th night over to Monday is slated to be 6 - SIX - degrees. Today we're looking at around 53ish.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Tomorrow will be (because of the weather, this is a non-negotiable fact, :lol: )

9 of 19... 47.36%

I kind of hope it snows. But the closer Saturday gets, the higher the anticipated temp gets, so even if it snowed it would melt the second it hit the ground.

Not that that will stop people from wrecking their cars, that's just a given.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

9 of 20.... 45%

DH and the kids are going ice skating and out to eat with a bunch of other kids for one kid's birthday.

Ice rinks are a bit too chilly for what's going on in my sinuses, so I'm sitting this one out.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

10 of 22... 45.45%

Need greens. And alternative milk.

Otherwise, its too cold and too windy to deal with the outdoors, so I'm staying in.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

11 of 25... 44%

It snowed today. For all of 10-15 minutes, but they were big white flakes. I miss snow, its been years since any real accumulation.

I think I broke my little toe. Hit the end table with it. Not as though much can be done so I'm just trying not to run it into anything again.

Tomorrow will be spend-free. Sunday I make take DH out on a grocery run "date" - we usually stop for a coffee or something, this happens 4-5ish times a year so I can justify it :lol:

So by Sunday night it'll be 12 of 27, maintaining that 44%, more or less.