Daily Check in January 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Daily Check in January 19, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

I know that I am going to cause heart attacks all over the country as you've never seen me up this early in the morning. Can't sleep.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in January 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:44 am Good Morning Everyone,

I know that I am going to cause heart attacks all over the country as you've never seen me up this early in the morning. Can't sleep.
Good morning to you, isn't insomnia the pits.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Well it was one of those nights, don't know what was wrong with me. I catnapped all night, slept a couple hours and then would wake up. Oh well, today is Saturday not a lot on the to-do-list so if I need to take an afternoon nap I will.

Having a blueberry smoothie, my favorite and will watch Hulu for a little while until the sun comes up. Picked up some really cute stickers at Dollar Tree yesterday. I like to put them on hurricane lamps, any type of candle holder or glass apothecary jar and then they can easily be removed after the holiday that I'm decorating for. My favorite ones were pink and red hearts with a rhinestone heart in the center. I am putting some of those on a glass jar that I mounted on a cute candlestick to use for holding my forks on the buffet table for the luncheon.

I didn't get my tablecloth ironed when I should have and that is on my chore list for today. Ya'll know how much I hate ironing so this is a task I want to get out of the way. I will top the white tablecloth with a cute runner covered with red and pink hearts.

We will see if the weather man is correct about the snowy, icy week-end, hoping he's wrong, but I am prepared. Not much else happening so everyone have a wonderful day. Jackie insomnia absolutely sucks!!!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I had a bit of a problem getting my desktop up and running this morning. It locked me out..... I restarted and everything seems pretty much okay right now.

It is going to be a pretty much stay at home day today. Light snow is falling and I find it much prettier to watch through my picture window, than to be outside driving in it. I might venture out if Hubby drives though. Still looking for a bench for our front entry. The coffee table is a bit wide for the space, but will do until we find something both of us like.

Frugally speaking I plan at shopping the Cricut sale and picking up some new pens and blades for my machine. Perhaps even a couple of different mats and some press on vinyl to try my hand at a t-shirt or two. The sale looks pretty good and as I want to try some new projects extra blades (well different blades), mats and materials are a necessary indulgence.

My frugal exercise of using the treadmill in the basement will happen again today. I really missed being able to walk while we were gone. I now have to work off all the extra calories that I consumed those two days.

Plan on doing some more hand quilting as well as knitting today, throw in a bit of cleaning in the sewing/craft room (seems to be a never ending chore) and my day is complete.

The yellow fin tuna we had last night for supper was really good. I have a small leftover piece that I plan on having for lunch today. I am going to chunk it up and put it in some leftover salad. A healthy and hopefully filling lunch for me.

Supper tonight is a clean out the fridge surprise. I am not sure if there is enough of the leftover beef, but if there isn't I will pull out the hotdogs that we were to have on our return from the big city and didn't (we were not that hungry so had some sandwiches instead).

Today I am grateful that my computer decided to let me in. I could use my phone to talk to all of you, but I make soooo many spelling errors.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Psyching myself up for the upcoming storm. To all in its path, be safe and stay warm. Per last weather report I listened to, my area is expected to get between 3 to 6 inches, wind chills of about 19 below, and icing which I dread even more than the snow. It's good though in that I have mostly everything that I need. I would like to get some more tangerines though. And being that it's a holiday weekend my Coloring Group is off this week.

Not sure as to exactly what I'm going to do today. I haven't done much reading this week so I'll probably pick up a book. I might also do some sudoku puzzles in an actual puzzle book rather than on Pogo. I might also start looking at some recipes and see if I can be a bit more specific in my meal planning rather than simply saying chicken, pork chop etc. It might help me with my meal time boredom.

I also enjoy spending time on Pogo Games. I really like some of their solitaire games. I'll check the tv schedule as I know there is a new Hallmark movie on at 8:00 on Saturdays. I also as a Christmas present to myself, bought the old TV series "Hotel". I could start watching those as well since there are 115 episodes in the collection.

I did blow my diet this week so instead of beating myself up over it, will just start over again on Monday, but try to avoid going overboard today and tomorrow.

Well, going to go for now. Have a great day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I woke up at 1:30 a.m. and was awake for about two hours but finally went back to sleep until about 8 a.m. So I’m pretty rested.

Today is genealogy club. I haven’t been to one of the regular meetings in several months. Today’s topic is identifying people in photos. At the end of the meeting is a tour of the genealogy resources in the library. They only do the tour several times a year. I’ve always wanted to participate but when mom was alive felt that I couldn’t take the time because I wanted to get to her house for a late lunch. Last year I just missed the meetings with the tour. Should be fun.

I’ll need to pay my annual membership fee of $17. Well worth it. I have $7 set aside in my “entertainment” budget for a once-a-year rummage sale at a mobile home park, likely the first weekend of February. Next week is my “expensive” entertainment item as on Tuesday we are celebrating a friend’s birthday with dinner. Two friends and I do this for each other’s birthdays. We do not give gifts but the other friend and I will split the cost of the birthday friend’s dinner. We are going to a restaurant that is moderate in price. Well worth it as I’m so fortunate to have these two extra good friends. I do need to get a card and may stop today at the Dollar Tree on the way to genealogy club.

Doubtful that I’ll reach my goal of only driving 200 miles for the month. I’m already at 140 and genealogy club is about eight miles each way. Later this week I’ll meet another friend and her DH visiting from Michigan, probably another sixteen miles round trip. But I’ve only spent $10 on gas so far (had a full tank at the end of December) so probably only another $10 for the month.

LittleMiss, I’ve bought two books of stamps and, like you, think that will last me a year. Plus I have 2/3 book of Christmas stamps that I’ll save for next Christmas.

Have a good day.