Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

We're in the midst of a snowstorm with several inches of snow expected today and tonight.

We will be away from tomorrow until near the end of the week. I'll be sure to post upon our return. Our housekeeper doesn't "do cats" so our neighbor will come in to check on Willow as usual. This arrangement works well and has been in place for nearly 15 years (when we built this house).

Happy frugaling and stay safe during the storms that are talked about in the news.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

We got home late last evening and all is well with Willow (as has always been the case).
Our Great Grand Baby arrived and is a healthy and 8# 12 oz, via C-Section. All is well there, also.

When we left on our little trip snow was on its way. Some of that snow is still on the ground. Now we are under a snow storm warning with 3-7" expected. Should arrive late tonight and continue into tomorrow morning. I'm glad we're not going anywhere now.

Frugality speaking, no spending until we make a "mercy run" to the food store. Lots of mail, e-mail, newspapers, etc. to deal with. See you all later.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

We did go to the food store yesterday before the snow started. The store was jammed with what seemed like zillions of people who were stocking up on just about everything. jeesh... what a mess. We always empty the fridge and freezer before we go away so we needed a few fresh items. If that had not been the case, we would not have gone.

Snow continues to fall. Totals of between 6" and 9" expected by the end of the day. Plows have been through on streets but no driveways have been done yet. There is no place we need to be and I'm glad of that. No travel, no spending and no dangerous routes to be out on!!!

See you all later. Stay safe and smile!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings!!!

When I stepped outside to retrieve the newspapers, the temp was 8F. Right now we're up to 15F and will probably stay there for the rest of the day. Very breezy but sunshine abounds!!! Truly beautiful out there!!! The snow we received with our snowstorm yesterday won't be melting any time soon...

We'll be hanging out at home today as we don't have any reason to go out. Yay, for that!!!

Stay safe and enjoy your frugal day!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Brrr - it's chilly out there!!!

Awoke to -5F with a wind-chill factor of -35F. However, even though snow is expected for later on today, the sun is shining and the skies are very blue - just wonderful!!! Not complaints from me - I love this weather!!! (no pollen and no mosquitoes!!!)

Spent some money yesterday as we needed a few things from the food store. But I'm sure we will stay home today. That's a good thing - the parking lots, etc., are absolutely tretcherous and totally dangerous.

Basically just checking in right now. See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

It's been ages and ages since my last post here and I'm trying to get back in the groove. Our weather has been very odd - snowstorms, rain, sleet, thunder-snow, sub-zero temps, temps in the 50s and then down and up and down and up again. Awoke to 11F which isn't too bad especially since the sun is shining. So no complaints from me - I love the crispy temps and piles of snow!!!

I'm still dealing with my knee problems. Seems I've seen more "experts" than anyone has a right to see... After a bone-scan, it was found that the knee prosthesis is loose and that is why it tends to give out and make me feel as if I'm going to fall. We're dealing with very slight loosening and not likely to continue to loosen. My theory is that the thing was installed poorly since the pain I have started immediately after the knee replacement. The drama continues...

Our great-grandson continues to thrive. I do wish they lived closer since going to Texas is not in our plans right now.

My A1C (glucose three-month average) has inched up a bit so I need to ramp up exercise and ramp down carb-laden treats. Another work in progress, I guess. Of course, stress and pain both do a real number on the numbers!

Frugal efforts continue to be going well. Later today we will go to the food store for some fresh veggies and half-and-half for my coffee. All items are planned for and no impulse buying.

I'm sorry to have been absent for so long. But we are alive and reasonably well. Take care and enjoy being frugal! Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout