Daily Check In February 4, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 4, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off while I get some coffee.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In February 4, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Jackie, you are up early.
I am in the office. I need to finish my snooze-inducing technical training book and move on to the hands-on exercises today. I plan to stay at the office long enough to be able to stop by DS1's for a visit on the way home. I have not seen him in several weeks although I have gotten to see the boys and their Mom.

Yesterday Mom called while I was in a daze trying to read and asked if I wanted to go shopping with her. The weather was beautiful, so I went. And I refused her offers to drive. LOL! Today it is supposed to get up to about 60 deg F. Hopefully I can find the motivation to take a bit of a walk.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The snow is letting up but still coming and the temperature is dropping. I think that it could be another day of just getting the steps cleaned off while we wait for the snow to stop.

Lots to do today as is usual on a Monday in this house and getting up just a bit earlier might see most of it done by the end of the morning.

I plan on being as frugal as possible and going over recipes to see where I can cook extra in order to be ahead of the game for those days I don't or can't cook that might happen (like when I broke my wrist...cooking was extremely difficult for me). I have also let things get out of hand in the fridge freezer and need to use up all those bags of frozen meat stashed in there before I even think of adding more to the mess.

Other frugal happenings here will be laundry washed in cold for some loads, and always rinsed in cold. I will even get a few things on the lines.

Using up some extra cleaning supplies. I really do think things multiply in the dark of an undersink cupboard, kind of like an aemoba, little things split off and make entirely new things.

Working on using up some more of my fabric stash. I have a pattern out for another top and the fabric to make it. I may as well cut it out at some point today and have it ready for my marathon day of sewing coming very soon.

I am down to just a few books on my ereader, so at some point today I will download some free ebooks and perhaps use up what is left of my gift cards by buying the last book in a series.

Supper this evening is going to be leftover ham made into something. I think probably scalloped potato and ham casserole. Serving it with the remaining salad greens and perhaps a different type of dessert (to use up some phylo pastry in the freezer).

Today I am grateful for all those days I get to potter around the house.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:05 am Good Morning,

Jackie, you are up early.
I am in the office. I need to finish my snooze-inducing technical training book and move on to the hands-on exercises today. I plan to stay at the office long enough to be able to stop by DS1's for a visit on the way home. I have not seen him in several weeks although I have gotten to see the boys and their Mom.

Yesterday Mom called while I was in a daze trying to read and asked if I wanted to go shopping with her. The weather was beautiful, so I went. And I refused her offers to drive. LOL! Today it is supposed to get up to about 60 deg F. Hopefully I can find the motivation to take a bit of a walk.

Have a great day,
Maggie
I was up at 4:15 my time (think about 5:15 your time) and pushed myself back to bed for another hour..... Couldn't sleep so got up and watched the snow fall for a bit.
Jackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:08 am I was up at 4:15 my time (think about 5:15 your time) and pushed myself back to bed for another hour..... Couldn't sleep so got up and watched the snow fall for a bit.
I woke up early too because my book was putting me to sleep before 9 PM, but I just sat there in my bed, thinking I either needed to lie back down or get out of bed. For a good 30 minutes until my radio clicked on at 5.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

We’re getting your snow today Jackie but it’s not coming down too have. I’m excited because it will be perfect for the cross country skiing and snowshoeing Dh and I have planned for today. We’ll use the punch pass dd gave me for Christmas so no money spent on recreation aside from gas money. I’ll pack us a bagged lunch and thermos for a hot drink.

This will take up most of our day, but we’ll probably need to clear the driveway when we get home. And I’ll need to cook a hearty meal as all that fresh air and exercise whets your appetite. So excited to be able to ENJOY our winter weather after the extreme vortex! Dd walked to work today- just needed snow pants to keep her dress pants dry.

Creative