Daily Check In February 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Daily Check In February 9, 2019

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:43 am Another chilly day.

Don't think i will leave the house until mass time. There was a benefit i was going to attend, but they might not miss my money? I hope.

Question - is it wrong to not want to give? I am judging these people because they make bad money decisions? I feel guilty. But I see what happens when i do this and i see what they continue to do and i get mad.

So is it wrong to want to stick to helping animals?
Clem, don't let anyone pressure you into donating your time or money to something that you don't feel animate about. It's yours to give as you see fit. I use to couldn't say NO, but somewhere along the time I have learned.

I still tithe, but years ago anything extra that my church needed DH and I were there to contribute to. We then got a new pastor that didn't seem to know how to stop spending, spending, spending and it seemed to us that it didn't really matter what we gave it was not enough, so we stopped giving the EXTRA. It was our money and and we worked hard for it and if we weren't going to have a little say in how it was spent then it stopped.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,

One of my pedestal fans started just humming when I turned it on so After watching you tube videos and Dr. shows :lol: I decided to perform surgery on it. I took it apart right down to the motor. It was caked with dust, lint and other debris so I got it all cleaned out using compressed air and Q-tips. I cleaned everything thoroughly and reassembled it. It works fine now. I am going to do the same with each fan in the house. We get so much dust here and these fans are vital during the hot summer months so now I know how to service them every year. They aren't cheap; those pedestal fans cost upwards to $50.00 even at Costco.

We have a major storm blowing in today so I am going to stay in and work on all the fans and see what else needs fixing. No money will be spent today.

I hope to work on a quilt I am making for a friend of mine. I wish I could machine quilt it but since it is queen size it won't fit through my sewing machine. I don't mind hand quilting, it does take longer to do but is so much easier than trying to shove it through the sewing machine.

I sub for a co-worker on Tuesday and again the following /Tuesday but other than that I have no work lined up. It's too cold and wet.

Well off to fix some lunch. Stay warm!

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

LittleMiss

The fundraiser sold out so my guilt has lessened!

An example of spending for the family is sending a toddlers jeans to the dry cleaners :shock: and :mrgreen:
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:43 am Another chilly day.

Don't think i will leave the house until mass time. There was a benefit i was going to attend, but they might not miss my money? I hope.

Question - is it wrong to not want to give? I am judging these people because they make bad money decisions? I feel guilty. But I see what happens when i do this and i see what they continue to do and i get mad.

So is it wrong to want to stick to helping animals?
Clem, I don't think it is a case of you not wanting to give but rather where you want to give.
I have stopped giving to things where the money is just wasted. When people or foundations ask for money, they are expexted to use it wisely.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Sorry..that is "expected".
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

BevMoore wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:07 pm Good morning,

One of my pedestal fans started just humming when I turned it on so After watching you tube videos and Dr. shows :lol: I decided to perform surgery on it. I took it apart right down to the motor. It was caked with dust, lint and other debris so I got it all cleaned out using compressed air and Q-tips. I cleaned everything thoroughly and reassembled it. It works fine now. I am going to do the same with each fan in the house. We get so much dust here and these fans are vital during the hot summer months so now I know how to service them every year. They aren't cheap; those pedestal fans cost upwards to $50.00 even at Costco.

We have a major storm blowing in today so I am going to stay in and work on all the fans and see what else needs fixing. No money will be spent today.

Bev
Congrats on servicing your fans! At mom’s house there are two inexpensive desk fans, both Honeywell brand. They work fine but are dirty. Like you, I looked on YouTube. I found that there are six screws to take off the front. I was able to get four screws off but the other two wouldn’t budge. Tried cans of WD40 from mom’s garage and my house but couldn’t get either to spray because they are old. Bought a new can today and will try it tomorrow or next week. So I’m still hoping to get the fans apart.