Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We are expecting a wintry mix to start around 4:00 AM. It is (25 F) (-4 C) with a wind chill of (17 F).

I have been awake since 2:30 AM but had to stay on my c-pap until a few minutes ago to get my mandatory 4 hours in.

Teddi is improving. Late last night he started to run back to the house after doing his business. That is his usual mode but when he was having a problem with his left back leg he was very slow. This morning he was able to sit back on his hind legs and left his front paws for me to pick him up. So glad I had the money to take him to the vet to see what was wrong with him. Also happy that is was something simple that could be fixed by medication.

Have a good and frugal day. Stay safe and warm for all of you who are dealing with this severe cold weather. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday CG. I hope you have a wonderful day doing absolutely what ever you want to do.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slowly but surely climbing out of the polar vortex. Right this moment it is -32C but because there is no wind the feels like temperature is -32C. Getting warmer, however another Arctic cold air mass might be moving in once again. Keeping my fingers crossed that does not happen for at least a week or so.

I lost a part of my blog last night. It said I was using an illegal gadget..... Ahh, no. I think this has something to do with them getting rid of G+. I spent a bit of time redoing my blog list last night and hope to do a bit more at some point today

Still following our usual frugal pathway. I am actually having fun trying to use things up in the fridge freezer. Only problem being one of the things was a yummy dessert type and if it is available I will snack on it.... Must do my walk this morning (ankle is much better).

The usual frugal happenings here on the old homestead. The sun has been shining the last few days and so the furnace has been going off during the mid afternoon to early evening. I am taking advantage of the heat generated by the sun beating on the large front windows. Here is hoping that it helps with the gas bill just a little bit.

Walking for exercise on the treadmill is frugal exercise. I am kind of a gawker (I always see something interesting which makes me stop for a closer look) and visitor (usually see someone I know and end up talking to) when I walk outside and this is keeping me at a steady pace. Much healthier in the long run.

After Mass today (we are going even though we could not understand 1 word in 10 that the visiting priest said) I plan on getting down to my sewing once again. I am almost finished the second knit tunic top (a style I made last year) and would like to get it finished in order to cut out another couple of patterns. If I have time I will pull out the quilt to work on it for awhile as well.

My evenings are spent knitting, I am almost finished the one prayer shawl I wanted to accomplish making this month. I will be back knitting my cardigan/vest (depends on how much yarn I use) and keeping my fingers crossed it will be done before the end of the month. Trying my hardest to get as many of my project goals done as is possible. I always seem to bite off more than the proverbial small bites of an elephant saying.

Supper tonight will be a roast pork loin along with some roasted veggies. This time they will not be in the roaster though. I am using a mixture of potatoes, carrots and brussel sprouts and doing them in a pan beside the roaster.

Today I am grateful for no wind at all today.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:41 am Good morning. We are expecting a wintry mix to start around 4:00 AM. It is (25 F) (-4 C) with a wind chill of (17 F).

I have been awake since 2:30 AM but had to stay on my c-pap until a few minutes ago to get my mandatory 4 hours in.

Teddi is improving. Late last night he started to run back to the house after doing his business. That is his usual mode but when he was having a problem with his left back leg he was very slow. This morning he was able to sit back on his hind legs and left his front paws for me to pick him up. So glad I had the money to take him to the vet to see what was wrong with him. Also happy that is was something simple that could be fixed by medication.

Have a good and frugal day. Stay safe and warm for all of you who are dealing with this severe cold weather. Janet Alliesmama
Glad to see that Teddi is improving by what looks like leaps and bounds.
Jackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Things still a bit chilly here, in the 20s going up to the mid-30s. They are still talking about the possibility of flurry activity overnight but not widespread . . . OK . . . what is that supposed to mean LOL. I like putting my newspapers out on Sunday for Monday's pickup which we're permitted to do unless "wet" weather is expected. Guess I'll have to wait to put them out tomorrow before 7:00A.

Finally pulled out one of my Victorian reference books to start adding to my web site. I'd been saying for awhile I was going to get back into this, well today is the start.

No housework on Sundays so all day is available to do whatever I choose. In addition to working on my web site, I will start a new coloring page for working on at home. I'm in the middle of one that I started during my group gathering and want to keep that one for just that purpose. I also have a book that I started reading, a novella, as I prefer feeling like I've gotten through a story quickly.
It's too cold to go outside for a walk so I'll wait to see if my downstairs neighbor goes out and I'll do some walking to a dvd I have. This is a bit difficult to do in a 700 sq ft apartment without making some noise regardless of my being light on my feet.

My dinner tonight is a frozen entree and an apple . . . easy enough.

Well going to go for now. Have a great day all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:36 am Glad to see that Teddi is improving by what looks like leaps and bounds.
Jackie very well said.."leaps and bounds." lol. Stay warm. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama