DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday pm

Week is going according to plan.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Saturday am

Leaves and more leaves. Barrels will be full again today. Goal today is to put down a layer of plastic under my new lean to shelter before anything starts to grow under it. Then put a layer of free mulch for walking on. No need for stones. I do stones near the house, but this one is far away, so mulch will do.

Cat is feeling poorly. She got like this last year about this time. I still have some meds from then, so going to use them. The meds she needs now is the appetite stimulus. Gave her a dose this morning. Hopefully, she will start eating better by mid day. I also have some decongestant in case her allegories act up.

Going to the store is only for fresh vegetables. I have lettuce, tomatoes, spaghetti squash, cucumbers, avocados. Just finished the broccoli. Neighbor gave me some home grown bananas. Hubs and I have one a day. Meat is out of the freezer along with canned goods. Eggs are a bit expensive right now, so doing breakfast yogurt now and then.

Insulation and new windows are performing well. The house temperature is staying comfortable, mid 70's. A degree cooler first thing in the morning. Then a tad warmer by late day. I am waiting to see if the monthly electric bill is lower.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:49 am Saturday am

Leaves and more leaves. Barrels will be full again today. Goal today is to put down a layer of plastic under my new lean to shelter before anything starts to grow under it. Then put a layer of free mulch for walking on. No need for stones. I do stones near the house, but this one is far away, so mulch will do.

Cat is feeling poorly. She got like this last year about this time. I still have some meds from then, so going to use them. The meds she needs now is the appetite stimulus. Gave her a dose this morning. Hopefully, she will start eating better by mid day. I also have some decongestant in case her allegories act up.

Going to the store is only for fresh vegetables. I have lettuce, tomatoes, spaghetti squash, cucumbers, avocados. Just finished the broccoli. Neighbor gave me some home grown bananas. Hubs and I have one a day. Meat is out of the freezer along with canned goods. Eggs are a bit expensive right now, so doing breakfast yogurt now and then.

Insulation and new windows are performing well. The house temperature is staying comfortable, mid 70's. A degree cooler first thing in the morning. Then a tad warmer by late day. I am waiting to see if the monthly electric bill is lower.
Hope your kitty feels better soon. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I hope she feels better soon as well. Glad I have meds on hand. Saturday appointments at the vet are just about impossible.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sunday am

Since the weather was changing, I was a bit under the weather yesterday. But the north shutters are down. I see that they could use a coat of paint. Plan on that when it is warmer.

If my back and knee continues to feel good, I will move the final bags of stones into the new back patio. When I was young, I would have pushed through, but now, it is no longer wise to push against pain. It would be nice to have that finished.

I have collected a trash can of limbs. I have decided that I won't put them out to pick up. Instead I will burn them in the fire pit on a nice evening. Hubs like to watch a fire now and then. I have tried cooking over it, but the limbs don't generate much heat surprisingly, just a bit of flame. I will fill the limb trash can with leaves to meet my leaf disposal quota.

Hubs wanted to know about the upcoming V day. I said I wanted to buy a rotisserie chicken and not have to cook. That is enough about after 40+ years. I can get one for $4.99 at Walmart market.

Also more work under the lean-to. If it gets dry enough, mow a bit of grass. Lots to do.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sunday pm.

One thing leads to another. I worked on the lean to area and then decided to remove some old metal panels I had attached to the fence when I had a compost pile at that location. They were creaking in the wind since the compost pile is now gone. So I took them down and laid them flat and told them to be quiet. Got into pulling vines off the Camilla and then decided to look at the window opening in the shed. I had repaired it several times and what I was doing was not working. So I messed with that awhile and now have a new way to fix it. Heading to Home Depot in the morning for supplies.