Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in Feb 10, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

Yesterday ended up being a day of rest. I got up, did my grocery shopping. I went to Aldi and Walmart. But yes LWolfT, I did notice cheap eggs. Then I came home, was on the computer and ended up closing my eyes and dozing for a couple of hours.

Friday I was able to get half-way through my annulment questions and then did enough laps around the Mall with my friend that I managed to get in 10,000 steps for the day.

Last night I really looked at my taxes. I am missing one 1099. I will call tomorrow and give them my current address.

Have a great day,

Maggie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Like Mackie, I am enjoying a cold rainy morning. I didn't go to church this morning because of it and think I will spend the day reading my e-book about President George Bush, which I am thoroughly enjoying.

I just finished a nice sliced chicken sandwich and a glass of ice cold milk for my lunch and am thinking vegetables for dinner as I have one slice of cornbread left. I don't have any chores to do today, as this is my day to do nothing. Relaxation is the key word.

Tomorrow I will call to set up and appointment to see the Cardiologist about the results from the heart monitor. My daughter wants to go with me, so I have to get it on a day that her husband is off. I will be so glad when all of this is over and done.
I also need to go to the bank tomorrow to get a CD renewed.

Nothing else going on here so I will get off and do my reading. All of you stay warm and have a wonderful day.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Another cold day for us, we are up to 1F now. :D At 8:20am when I pried my eyes open, it was -3F. (Dh said it was -15F when he awoke around 6am to furnace kicking on & off.) We are supposed to get 1-3" of snow; one of my weather apps says the storm is coming, the other says no snow until Wednesday. I suppose we'll see what happens... my foot/ankle ARE predicting a moisture-heavy storm. LOL, I NEVER thought I'd be one of Those people, predicting weather with body parts, BUT I CAN feel the pressure so intensely-- definitely not helping me feel better from this illness.

Speaking of which, I've stayed home from church again. I'm coughing more now; I think I need to hunt up Dh's Mucinex, the yuck in my throat is almost-choking. My 3 boys stayed home too, ds14 needed to, but the others are being lazy.

Dh built us a nice fire; he got tired of hearing furnace cycle on & off. Dh says it's too hot, I think it feels Wonderful.

Dh also put a ham in roaster oven with potatoes, carrots & onions! YUM!! I love eating potatoes & carrots cooked with ham, they have such a rich flavor.

I ordered ds16 Proactive, am crossing my fingers that it will work well for him! Of course, now that I've done this, all the ads I see are related to skin-care. :lol:

Have been watching my outside kitties, they are 2 brothers (both fixed, I don't need extra cats). Stripey HATES walking in snow, every step he is shaking the paw he just lifted to get snow off it, and waits anxiously for kibble to show up. :lol: Mittens, our 3-legged-polydactyl, couldn't care less about the snow. He walks around in it like it is dirt, then lounges in the sun on top of cat box cleaning himself which means his brother gets dibs on food; this cat also still climbs trees & hunts (I rarely see his brother hunt, and then only in warm weather), though he does eat the kibble too.

Since I have no plans to go anywhere, I'm staying in my pj's today, and knitting as much as I can. I'm almost finished with my cowl, or rather almost finished with the ball. I think I'd like to make a matching hat, but need to find a pattern to use with bulky yarn.

Am off to make & drink tea, take Mucinex, and knit. I'd like to read too.
------
Oh I got distracted and forgot to post this an hour ago. OOPS! :oops:
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:17 am Good morning all.

Things still a bit chilly here, in the 20s going up to the mid-30s. They are still talking about the possibility of flurry activity overnight but not widespread . . . OK . . . what is that supposed to mean LOL. I like putting my newspapers out on Sunday for Monday's pickup which we're permitted to do unless "wet" weather is expected. Guess I'll have to wait to put them out tomorrow before 7:00A.

Finally pulled out one of my Victorian reference books to start adding to my web site. I'd been saying for awhile I was going to get back into this, well today is the start.

No housework on Sundays so all day is available to do whatever I choose. In addition to working on my web site, I will start a new coloring page for working on at home. I'm in the middle of one that I started during my group gathering and want to keep that one for just that purpose. I also have a book that I started reading, a novella, as I prefer feeling like I've gotten through a story quickly.
It's too cold to go outside for a walk so I'll wait to see if my downstairs neighbor goes out and I'll do some walking to a dvd I have. This is a bit difficult to do in a 700 sq ft apartment without making some noise regardless of my being light on my feet.

My dinner tonight is a frozen entree and an apple . . . easy enough.

Well going to go for now. Have a great day all.
"""""It's too cold to go outside for a walk so I'll wait to see if my downstairs neighbor goes out and I'll do some walking to a dvd I have. This is a bit difficult to do in a 700 sq ft apartment without making some noise regardless of my being light on my feet."""""

What a wonderful neighbor you are :-) I am thinking/hoping that your neighbor is just as wonderful

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

There is no such thing as a "free" puppy/dog. :lol: as we all know.

I'm glad that all of "our" furbabies are dong better.

I am thankful that DH and I are able to afford their care, but good grief !!

My MIL is going back to rehab today,for a couple of weeks. She is 88 years old and is having brittle bone problems, at this point they are trying to manage the pain, there is nothing else that they can do for her. The pain is in her back, they want her to be in a wheelchair instead of the walker, if she falls :| it could be VERY bad.

IC
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:16 pm Good morning,

There is no such thing as a "free" puppy/dog. :lol: as we all know.

I'm glad that all of "our" furbabies are dong better.

I am thankful that DH and I are able to afford their care, but good grief !!

My MIL is going back to rehab today,for a couple of weeks. She is 88 years old and is having brittle bone problems, at this point they are trying to manage the pain, there is nothing else that they can do for her. The pain is in her back, they want her to be in a wheelchair instead of the walker, if she falls :| it could be VERY bad.
IC
IC, I had no idea of how expensive pet care had become until I started seeing Mr. B. His Layla was his deceased wife's dog and he spends a small fortune on that little cutie. He has her put to sleep to have her teeth cleaned and he told me that he had it done last week and it was $250.00. It doesn't cost that much to have my own teeth cleaned. She will only eat a certain kind of food and it's something that he buys at Pet Smart and I know he buys it by the case because I guess they have problems keeping it in stock, so lots of people must be buying it for their pets. I know since I've known him he's spent at least a $1,000 on taking her to the Vet as she has liver problems and seems to be prone to have a bout of some kind every three or four months. He has her groomed every 3 months as well and that is close to a $100.00 each time, add in the shots and you've got yourself an expensive little creature. She's the love of his life tho and honestly I hope he never loses her for I don't know if he could handle it. I wish he loved me as much as he does her. LOL

He will not even put her in a kennel to leave her overnight he's so particular with her. I asked him why and he says she'd be afraid and he couldn't stand that.

Hate to hear about your MIL.