Daily check-in Feb 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check-in Feb 11, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning frugals,

I was up until 10 last night writing answer to questions. I have just a few more to go and then I will be done. I'll let it sit for a day or two and then go over it again. I slept in and I have a small list of phone calls to make. I could putter today away. Late this afternoon I will stop by DS1's for a visit and then go to my support group meeting.

Like LwolfT, we are sloppy here from some snow yesterday and then rain.

Have a great day,
Maggie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Slept better last night, still stuffy nose and nasal stuff going on but using OTC meds and plodding along.
I decided to put off grocery shopping and errands until Wednesday because I will need to pick up meds for dad that day and really want to combine all errands to just one trip. I really don't like going to town.
Today is the usual to-do list and making potato soup for supper tonight, will make some cheese bread to go with the soup.
We have icy, sloppy roads this morning...some schools closed and some on delay. I am ready for Spring.
Off to read and get busy.
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am not sure why but I am very sleepy this morning, but it may have something to do with our continuing gray drizzly weather. Today is foggy with 30% chance of rain. I thought I slept well. I slept until almost 7 this morning.

I have a dress wash in the washer with a fleece jacket, and a dresses in the dryer. there were too many dresses for one load so I divided them up by color. I decided to change my bed tomorrow morning.

I ended up getting 17 servings of roast pork. Not bad for just under $8. Even adding in the H-E-B pint size freezer bags it was only 50¢ a serving.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Gayle I posted the link to the pattern in yesterday's check-in.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good news that the a/c is fine. No leaks, draining properly and he tested the float switch. He said the small drips are probably from the gutter realignment on the roof. No problem and it would not even drip while he was here. He said a/c was still in good condition but coils are dirty so I may have them cleaned.

Best news, however, was I asked if he could change the bulb in the light at the top of the stairs in the awkward place. He did it no problem. (He even gave me time to clean the globe.) Hallelujah!! I gave him a tip. I am SO thankful to have that light again.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Another overcast drizzly day. But thankfully it isn't as cold.

it is 55 and expected to get up to 65. Forecast to be 80 by friday!!

So just piddling around. Getting ready to go do laundry.

Had my cereal and waiting for that to kick in - :lol:

Hope all have a great day.