Printer Ink

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Printer Ink

Post by LWolfT »

Florida, I buy from www.compandsave.com. (I checked, they do have ink for your brand of printer, so it's quite possible they may have the type you need.)

I suggest subscribing, since they send offers by email. (When I'm ready to buy ink, I try to keep an eye out for deals that include free shipping.) I've had good luck with their cartridges ...
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

LWolfT wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:20 am Florida, I buy from www.compandsave.com. (I checked, they do have ink for your brand of printer, so it's quite possible they may have the type you need.)

I suggest subscribing, since they send offers by email. (When I'm ready to buy ink, I try to keep an eye out for deals that include free shipping.) I've had good luck with their cartridges ...
Thank you. (And thank you to Gayle for starting this discussion.) They have my ink cartridges and the prices are MUCH less than I’ve been paying at Amazon, particularly for the black. I’ve been buying the “high yield” black (which does not seem high yield to me) for $16+. At CompandSave it is $3.99! For the color they sell individual cartridges whereas I’ve been buying a pack with the three colors. The savings there will be about $12 compared to $20.

I signed up for the emails. I don’t need ink now so I can wait most likely for a free shipping code.

P.S. My printer is several years old and the warranty has expired. I think it was only 90 days.
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I, too, ordered ink from www.compandsave.com and had no problems with the quality.

Another way to save on ink is to keep printing even when your printer tells you to replace the cartridges. You can print A LOT of pages before they are truly empty. The black does fade out, and the color prints just red in it's dying breaths. If I need better quality while I'm waiting for them to die, I just put in the new cartridges for the better printing, then put the old ones back in.
ohjodi
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

i used to do a lot of printing, but have cut back a lot

We do have a laser printer, but i've been lazy and didn't hook it up via the modem to my desktop. Its a simple thing too
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Thank you all for the website & printing tips.

I do print in grayscale, or black & white, most of the time. Dh is one to print a page & not chech settings first, then I’d not have colored ink when I needed it.

Walmart.com did offer remanufactured ink cartridges, and said they were in my store, but not such luck (they were also Only $1 less than Epson’s).

I did buy ink yesterday at Walmart as I need to print documents from our student loans & charitable giving for our taxes so I can mail them on Tuesday to my tax-prep friend.

But I will check into the website you listed, and also into Staples to see if they do staples rewards still, even online. There is one Staples store left near Salt Lake City so I’ll save my cartridges if I have to, for a drop there.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Amazon, as much for the covenience as the price. I hate to shop.