Daily check in February 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in February 13, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all. Starting us off.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in February 13, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Wednesday morning all,

Wet and unpleasantly cool morning for Florida. I got quite a bit done outside yesterday and so, staying inside today will be a welcome change. Thanks for the advice, Floridacatlover. I will get over there and hunt for the broth as soon as I can. Kitty's situation is not good. Even sick, she hates to be inside and howls to go out. I let her out on the screened porch yesterday afternoon since it was 82F and sunny to keep her quiet. I told her no outside because of the vet appointment at 5 pm. A couple of hours before the vet appointment, I needed to go out in the back yard to mow. And despite being sick, she "ran" out of the door and under the dock before I could catch her. Curse, I wish I were younger and faster. She then promptly fell in the lake. I fetched her out and dried her off. The vet appointment was at 5 pm, but since I was squeezed in, it was almost 6 pm before she could be seen. It looks like she is having another flare up of her chronic hepatitis. She had it in January, last year as well. So the vet gave her the same treatment, but was not happy the cat fell in the lake and got chilled. Well, me neither. So she got fluids for dehydration and an antibiotic shot and more oral medication to encourage eating and drinking. I asked for more decongestant, but the doc didn't see any congestion. Good thing, I had some from her last allergy attack because by 4 am this morning, she was congested as well. And she has some fleas despite her recent dose of Revolution flea medication. So frustrating. I didn't get out of the vet's office until after 6:30 pm and came straight home to feed hubs dinner. I offered him a quick meal, but he wanted the planned meal, so I was in the kitchen cooking until almost 8 pm. I feel jerked around by everyone and circumstances this morning. :( I did get a good few hours of sleep though before the cat got me up. After working in the yard most of the afternoon yesterday, I was tired and needed the rest. I know that tired means soon sick if I don't have some fresh lemon water. Luckily, I had a lemon from the little tree and squeezed it into some water. So a few things are going right.

Today, I go back this afternoon for more iv fluids for kitty. That second dose really turned her around last time. Meanwhile, just wait and continue giving her fluids by syringe. Hubs is siting with her now.

I did decide to make a crock pot of beans to go with dinner. I find the little red beans to be comfort food when it is cold and chilly and I feel depressed by circumstances beyond my control.

Today, I am grateful for the few things that are going right. Well, time to make breakfast, put the beans to soak and do some dishes. Have a good day everyone.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It has warmed up, but with the warm up in temperatures we are expecting more snow today and at some point during the upcoming weekend. This may cause youngest DS to miss coming home, which would be a pity.

My Wednesday to do list is short and sweet, so I hope to get some extra cleaning done at some point today.

The usual frugal happenings here on the old homestead, with perhaps more cutting out of a pattern so that fabric is not scattered around the sewing/craft room. When I start matching patterns to fabric I am afraid I cover almost every flat surface and so what was tidy at one point (not totally cleaned up however) is now looking like a cyclone went through. I would like to get this one pattern cut out and then tidy the room up again.

I have pulled out my coupons and the sales fliers and will be making up my lists. I hope to save even more on groceries. Oh how I long for those yellow sticker sales that Rinty talks about, or even the sales that most of you in the United States get. I would love to pick up a rotisserie chicken for under $10.00 (it happens here but very rarely).

I will be getting the bills together to pay tomorrow as well. I shudder to think what the gas bill will be after this very cold weather we are having.

This afternoon I plan on doing some sewing of those patterns I have cut out. First I think the skirt as it will only take a very short time to do. Then I may start on the tunic top. It is a new pattern (not at all one I have done) but looks very straight forward and if I am lucky I should almost finish it as well.

Knitting is for the evenings, and I am getting very close to finishing the prayer shawl for the month. That means I can start back on the cardi for myself probably by the end of the week. It is going to be a longer knit so I thought I would finish the shawl as it is a faster knit.

Supper this evening is going to be a pork hash. I have that bag of leftover pork to use up in the fridge freezer, as well as one of the onions languishing in the fridge downstairs. I also have one potato that didn't get used in yesterdays meal that needs using up. This working through the pantry and freezers is really helping us clear things out.

Today I am grateful that I got to sleep in a bit today. While still stuffed up and a bit achy, I no longer have a headache.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 am Good Wednesday morning all,

Wet and unpleasantly cool morning for Florida. I got quite a bit done outside yesterday and so, staying inside today will be a welcome change. Thanks for the advice, Floridacatlover. I will get over there and hunt for the broth as soon as I can. Kitty's situation is not good. Even sick, she hates to be inside and howls to go out. I let her out on the screened porch yesterday afternoon since it was 82F and sunny to keep her quiet. I told her no outside because of the vet appointment at 5 pm. A couple of hours before the vet appointment, I needed to go out in the back yard to mow. And despite being sick, she "ran" out of the door and under the dock before I could catch her. Curse, I wish I were younger and faster. She then promptly fell in the lake. I fetched her out and dried her off. The vet appointment was at 5 pm, but since I was squeezed in, it was almost 6 pm before she could be seen. It looks like she is having another flare up of her chronic hepatitis. She had it in January, last year as well. So the vet gave her the same treatment, but was not happy the cat fell in the lake and got chilled. Well, me neither. So she got fluids for dehydration and an antibiotic shot and more oral medication to encourage eating and drinking. I asked for more decongestant, but the doc didn't see any congestion. Good thing, I had some from her last allergy attack because by 4 am this morning, she was congested as well. And she has some fleas despite her recent dose of Revolution flea medication. So frustrating. I didn't get out of the vet's office until after 6:30 pm and came straight home to feed hubs dinner. I offered him a quick meal, but he wanted the planned meal, so I was in the kitchen cooking until almost 8 pm. I feel jerked around by everyone and circumstances this morning. :( I did get a good few hours of sleep though before the cat got me up. After working in the yard most of the afternoon yesterday, I was tired and needed the rest. I know that tired means soon sick if I don't have some fresh lemon water. Luckily, I had a lemon from the little tree and squeezed it into some water. So a few things are going right.

Today, I go back this afternoon for more iv fluids for kitty. That second dose really turned her around last time. Meanwhile, just wait and continue giving her fluids by syringe. Hubs is siting with her now.

I did decide to make a crock pot of beans to go with dinner. I find the little red beans to be comfort food when it is cold and chilly and I feel depressed by circumstances beyond my control.

Today, I am grateful for the few things that are going right. Well, time to make breakfast, put the beans to soak and do some dishes. Have a good day everyone.
Dg Hope that Kitty will soon be back to her old self. Take care of your needs as well. I know it is not easy but do try.
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have my quilt in the dryer, this is the only wash I have today. I do have a couple of loads to fold.

My knitting projects are coming along.

Not much else is new here. This is very good as at my age I don’t like most new things as most are not good news.

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is chilly 25 F but suppose to warm up to around 50 something today. I am feeling the muscle strain from my fall yesterday. I am taking Tylenol and aspirin alternating them.

Teddi appears to be his old spunky self.

Today is my aide's birthday and we will be going to Wendy's. I have a coupon for buy one get one free either a burger or a chicken sandwich..It will be here choice. We have agreed to not buy each other gifts.. She is always wanting to give me something for my birthday or Christmas. Told her neither one of us can afford it. However simple celebration are ok. She will buy herself what she wants to drink and if she wants a side of something.

Have a good and frugal day, Stay safe and warm.
Janet Alliesmama