Daily check in February 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily check in February 13, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,
I went to doctor yesterday. Took DS 14 with me. She told us we had bronchitis. She asked me about four times if I’ve had pneumonia before, kind of made me think I might be on the verge. She gave us a prescription for azithromycin, what hubby calls a Z pack. The trip made me extreme Exhausted, and after getting DD Six to school, I slept until time to pick up kids from school.

Today I am feeling tired And cold. I started building a fire in my woodstove, and a migraine with aura’s showed up. 10 minutes later now I cannot see out of my right eye, and the pain is just beginning to come. Sometimes I don’t get pain, so I wait 10 or 15 minutes after the auras show up to see if pain will come. If pain comes I find my meds. I am looking for them now.

I had hoped to wash walls, and today. It looks like I might be resting instead, in a dark room probably. One of my home remedies for a migraine, as a hot Epson salt bath, I don’t know what it is about it, but it works.

I have pork stew meat, to be browned, I might just put all of that crockpot and skip the browning.

At least I got a fire built in woodstove.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Cold and still very windy, I have spaghetti meat sauce cooking on low and will serve it with salad and garlic cheese bread.

Have outside chores done and a fire n the woodstove, I will confess to not having any drive this AM.
Need to get some chores done around the house but nothing exciting so going to have another look at pantry ingredients and come up with some meal plans.

I do know I need to start using the pork sausage from the freezer, I love it with sauerkraut but no one else does....LOL
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Finally the rain has moved out and we have a beautiful sunny day with temps predicted to be in low 60's today, I will take it. Rain supposedly will be moving back in tomorrow.

Nothing much going on here today, I do plan to do some more decluttering and need to clean the guest bathroom floor. I ordered a new set of rugs to go in there and I want the floor ready when they arrive, and that should be tomorrow or Saturday. I have to pick up a couple of prescriptions and that will do it for my errands today.

I also need to sit down and start preparing a grocery list for things that we will need on our Gatlinburg trip as we do like to eat breakfast and lunch in our condo. Dinner is usually eaten out, but I still like to have a couple of things there in case we decide not to. I am going to make a couple of soups that I can take in the coolers since it does take longer to make those and possibly make and freeze a nice pan of cornbread for the soups. Since Mr. B is the baker, I'm sure he will make cookies and I know he's got both Coconut and Caramel cake slices that he saved from Christmas to bring. We will be well fed for sure. Getting so excited about his visit as we've not seen each other since the middle of November, longest we have been apart since we started seeing each other.

Gayle, so sorry to hear that you are developing a migraine. I have never had one, but hear they are horrible. Please take care of yourself.

DGFlorida, so sorry to hear about your kitty cat. Hope she/he is better soon.

So thankful for a rainless day and I hope that all of you stay warm and safe.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,
Up late today since it's dark and very rainy out. It is supposed to be like this the next 3 days so I am staying in and trying to get things done around here. Checked the job listing site and still a lot of work to be had. I will wait until the rains have passed.

I went through an exercise in frustration last night and the problem is still not resolved. I have small Canon lide 210 scanner that I love but apparently it does not work with Widows 10. it keeps saying I need drivers. I don't know how to install drivers for it. I have a CD that came with it but it does not seem to be what is needed. I had the same issues with this scanner once before. I hate to resort to buying a copier just for the occasional copying I need. I'm not sure what to do with this scanner. I may just give it to one of my brothers since they seem to know how to make it work.

I hate doing computer related stuff because it's just so frustrating. And don't get me started on password. I have a small paper tablet filled with assorted passwords so I always have to hunt through it. To me it's easier just to do things the old fashioned way which is why I do my taxes by hand. I will do the same this year. I figure the tax agencies just want your money regardless of how it arrives to them.

Well I'm off to do laundry and ??? Have a good one!

Bev
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 am Good Wednesday morning all,

Wet and unpleasantly cool morning for Florida. I got quite a bit done outside yesterday and so, staying inside today will be a welcome change. Thanks for the advice, Floridacatlover. I will get over there and hunt for the broth as soon as I can. Kitty's situation is not good. Even sick, she hates to be inside and howls to go out. I let her out on the screened porch yesterday afternoon since it was 82F and sunny to keep her quiet. I told her no outside because of the vet appointment at 5 pm. A couple of hours before the vet appointment, I needed to go out in the back yard to mow. And despite being sick, she "ran" out of the door and under the dock before I could catch her. Curse, I wish I were younger and faster. She then promptly fell in the lake. I fetched her out and dried her off. The vet appointment was at 5 pm, but since I was squeezed in, it was almost 6 pm before she could be seen. It looks like she is having another flare up of her chronic hepatitis. She had it in January, last year as well. So the vet gave her the same treatment, but was not happy the cat fell in the lake and got chilled. Well, me neither. So she got fluids for dehydration and an antibiotic shot and more oral medication to encourage eating and drinking. I asked for more decongestant, but the doc didn't see any congestion. Good thing, I had some from her last allergy attack because by 4 am this morning, she was congested as well. And she has some fleas despite her recent dose of Revolution flea medication. So frustrating. I didn't get out of the vet's office until after 6:30 pm and came straight home to feed hubs dinner. I offered him a quick meal, but he wanted the planned meal, so I was in the kitchen cooking until almost 8 pm. I feel jerked around by everyone and circumstances this morning. :( I did get a good few hours of sleep though before the cat got me up. After working in the yard most of the afternoon yesterday, I was tired and needed the rest. I know that tired means soon sick if I don't have some fresh lemon water. Luckily, I had a lemon from the little tree and squeezed it into some water. So a few things are going right.

Today, I go back this afternoon for more iv fluids for kitty. That second dose really turned her around last time. Meanwhile, just wait and continue giving her fluids by syringe. Hubs is siting with her now.

I did decide to make a crock pot of beans to go with dinner. I find the little red beans to be comfort food when it is cold and chilly and I feel depressed by circumstances beyond my control.

Today, I am grateful for the few things that are going right. Well, time to make breakfast, put the beans to soak and do some dishes. Have a good day everyone.
I'm so sorry about Kitty :cry: Kitty is so lucky to have you. Good Grief falling in the lake, TG that you were there to pull her out.''

Lots of good thoughts going to you.

IC
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Dgflorida wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 am Good Wednesday morning all,

Wet and unpleasantly cool morning for Florida. I got quite a bit done outside yesterday and so, staying inside today will be a welcome change. Thanks for the advice, Floridacatlover. I will get over there and hunt for the broth as soon as I can. Kitty's situation is not good. Even sick, she hates to be inside and howls to go out. I let her out on the screened porch yesterday afternoon since it was 82F and sunny to keep her quiet. I told her no outside because of the vet appointment at 5 pm. A couple of hours before the vet appointment, I needed to go out in the back yard to mow. And despite being sick, she "ran" out of the door and under the dock before I could catch her. Curse, I wish I were younger and faster. She then promptly fell in the lake. I fetched her out and dried her off. The vet appointment was at 5 pm, but since I was squeezed in, it was almost 6 pm before she could be seen. It looks like she is having another flare up of her chronic hepatitis. She had it in January, last year as well. So the vet gave her the same treatment, but was not happy the cat fell in the lake and got chilled. Well, me neither. So she got fluids for dehydration and an antibiotic shot and more oral medication to encourage eating and drinking. I asked for more decongestant, but the doc didn't see any congestion. Good thing, I had some from her last allergy attack because by 4 am this morning, she was congested as well. And she has some fleas despite her recent dose of Revolution flea medication. So frustrating. I didn't get out of the vet's office until after 6:30 pm and came straight home to feed hubs dinner. I offered him a quick meal, but he wanted the planned meal, so I was in the kitchen cooking until almost 8 pm. I feel jerked around by everyone and circumstances this morning. :( I did get a good few hours of sleep though before the cat got me up. After working in the yard most of the afternoon yesterday, I was tired and needed the rest. I know that tired means soon sick if I don't have some fresh lemon water. Luckily, I had a lemon from the little tree and squeezed it into some water. So a few things are going right.

Today, I go back this afternoon for more iv fluids for kitty. That second dose really turned her around last time. Meanwhile, just wait and continue giving her fluids by syringe. Hubs is siting with her now.

I did decide to make a crock pot of beans to go with dinner. I find the little red beans to be comfort food when it is cold and chilly and I feel depressed by circumstances beyond my control.

Today, I am grateful for the few things that are going right. Well, time to make breakfast, put the beans to soak and do some dishes. Have a good day everyone.
DG, I just left Publix. The cat broth is with the treats, not the food. Was that way with WD when I bought it, too. I should have mentioned that. Publix has two kinds, Rachel Ray and a 5-pack called Delectibles which looks like the Friskies I bought for Pip. Good luck. On my way to HD but wanted to tell you this.