Valentines Day....Doing Anything Special???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Valentines Day....Doing Anything Special???

Post by Jackielou »

nbeaver wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 pm We HATE going out to eat on Valentine's Day itself because of the crowds, so last year I did a tablecloth, candles, mushroom/cheese stuffed chicken dinner in the living room for DH and me. This year we have 3 foster kids, and the younger two are very, very difficult. So DH will be coming down to my work for lunch and we will have a special steak and shrimp meal cooked in the cafeteria here. I'll make some special dessert for the kids for supper.
Valentine's Day is always so crowded!! Enjoy your special lunch.

Wow three foster kids you are wonderful people.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Tonight, the 13th, I am babysitting the Grandson's so DS1 can take DDIL out for dinner. He has class tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I will attend DS2's concert and give him a little bag of Valentines treats.

I am trying to decided if I want to make a batch of cookies for my boys and the team today.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 am Tonight, the 13th, I am babysitting the Grandson's so DS1 can take DDIL out for dinner. He has class tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I will attend DS2's concert and give him a little bag of Valentines treats.

I am trying to decided if I want to make a batch of cookies for my boys and the team today.
You are a great mother and grandmother.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 am You are a great mother and grandmother.
Thanks, I miss having people to fuss over. And wish to be fussed over in return.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Jackie -
I never think of seafood as being anything but healthy. So I googled cholesterol in lobster and this is what I found:

Lobster may be slightly higher in cholesterol than shrimp, but to put this in perspective, according to the National Institutes of Health, a 3.5 ounce serving of lobster has 72mg of cholesterol, which is less than the same serving of chicken, containing 85mg of cholesterol.

So it looks like you wouldn't be worse off than eating chicken. Just use lemon juice and no butter.

Have you tried having oatmeal every morning for breakfast? When hubs did that he dropped his cholesterol 8 points in one month.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dh has a cold and I have bronchitis. Not a fun combo for V-day. I’ll likely broil steaks, maybe make a mushroom sauce & see what else I can find. We’re out of fresh veg, but as I skipped our Tues morning shop, I may go see what’s on special today.