Daily check in February 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
colonialgirl

Re: Daily check in February 13, 2019

Post by colonialgirl »

Afternoon frugals -
DG sorry to hear about your cat. Hope everything goes well. Good wishes to all of those under the weather out there. 2 of my 3 nieces came home sick with colds but my oldest niece and I were just fine - tired but fine.

I had such plans yesterday - know what I did? Slept. I know I need to rest but the amount of work staring me in the face would stun a team of oxen. Ah well - I guess it will still be here when I am rested. Got all unpacked this morning and am now sorting clothes to begin laundry. Wow - I have a bunch of it.

Off to get something done - catch you all later!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another bright sunny day. It is beautiful. I've been busy already this morning.

Went to the usual breakfast. Ugh - we talked about a federal case that hit a member of someone's family. Its not pretty. But no excuse for it either. Embezzlement of almost a million dollars from a bank. Why? Why? Why?

One person said well money was always an issue for the family - no excuse. And a million dollars????? I just can't wrap my head around it.

Shall see what happens. Also tried to do some garden work. Nope. Started itching. Not my thing now. What can you do? Don't want to turn into one big welt.

have a good one.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

BevMoore wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 pm Good morning,
Up late today since it's dark and very rainy out. It is supposed to be like this the next 3 days so I am staying in and trying to get things done around here. Checked the job listing site and still a lot of work to be had. I will wait until the rains have passed.

I went through an exercise in frustration last night and the problem is still not resolved. I have small Canon lide 210 scanner that I love but apparently it does not work with Widows 10. it keeps saying I need drivers. I don't know how to install drivers for it. I have a CD that came with it but it does not seem to be what is needed. I had the same issues with this scanner once before. I hate to resort to buying a copier just for the occasional copying I need. I'm not sure what to do with this scanner. I may just give it to one of my brothers since they seem to know how to make it work.

I hate doing computer related stuff because it's just so frustrating. And don't get me started on password. I have a small paper tablet filled with assorted passwords so I always have to hunt through it. To me it's easier just to do things the old fashioned way which is why I do my taxes by hand. I will do the same this year. I figure the tax agencies just want your money regardless of how it arrives to them.

Well I'm off to do laundry and ??? Have a good one!

Bev
google your scanner make and model and the latest drives should pop up. Then install.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Buy an all in one printer/scanner/copier. I have one and love it.

I bought a stand alone scanner and used it just a few times.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good afternoon all.

Gayle, I hope that today is better for you and that you can relax.

I’m home from my doctor appointment, Publix and Home Depot. Doctor was pleased with my cholesterol but she still wants me to come back in three months to make sure I stay on the straight and narrow. She knows me! I don’t mind.

I got upset with a email my friend sent this morning. Irks me that she seems to enjoy when our former company is criticized or has problems. I sent a snarky reply (childish I know) and have not heard back.

It has been a raw, rainy day here. Tomorrow will be nicer.