Daily check in February 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check in February 13, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Took my aide to Wendy's for her birthday. I had a coupon for BOGO for their single hamburger. She bought her own drink and fries.. Yikes It came to $7.77 for me with my burger, small fry, and small frosty and frankly the only thing I enjoyed was the frosty. Then we went to the Farm and Home store for me to buy bird food. We have bad weather moving in Friday and into to the week-end and I am kind of low. I cannot lift the 20 pound bag due to my recent fall so I bought bulk seed in small bags. Yikes again. It came to a little over 17 pounds and cost 15.80! The 20 pound bag of similar mix was a little over $8.00. You would think the bulk, that you have to bag yourself, would be cheaper. Never again. Next time I will have someone from the store load it in to the trunk of my car and I will open it in the trunk and I will haul it out from there in small loads using a small bucket.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm Update:

Went to Walmart and picked up my two prescriptions and it was a busy place. Everyone was buying Valentine candy and cards. I needed some Jewelry Cleaner and paper for my printer, picked that up while I was there. A ream will do me a year and if I'd stop printing off everything, probably even longer than that.

Got a very nice surprise in the mail today, Mr. B sent me a beautiful card & pendant for Valentine's. It has a lot of sparkle to it and since I can't tell real diamonds from fake don't know if it's real or not, but it sure is pretty regardless. He is one of the most thoughtful men I've ever met. He doesn't forget any occasion.

I've gotten a little bit of decluttering done, taking a luggage set, old stand mixer I found in my serving dishes closets that actually works that I had forgotten I had, a blender, a vaporizer, and several sets of placemats and napkins that no longer match my colors to Goodwill tomorrow. Next, I am going through the clothes closets.
What a lovely surprise!!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 pm Took my aide to Wendy's for her birthday. I had a coupon for BOGO for their single hamburger. She bought her own drink and fries.. Yikes It came to $7.77 for me with my burger, small fry, and small frosty and frankly the only thing I enjoyed was the frosty. Then we went to the Farm and Home store for me to buy bird food. We have bad weather moving in Friday and into to the week-end and I am kind of low. I cannot lift the 20 pound bag due to my recent fall so I bought bulk seed in small bags. Yikes again. It came to a little over 17 pounds and cost 15.80! The 20 pound bag of similar mix was a little over $8.00. You would think the bulk, that you have to bag yourself, would be cheaper. Never again. Next time I will have someone from the store load it in to the trunk of my car and I will open it in the trunk and I will haul it out from there in small loads using a small bucket.
My wendy's has senior drink for free, and we buy a"frosty" card for $2.00 and canget a free frosty when we go in and buy anything else.

IC
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:10 pm What a lovely surprise!!
Jackie,

He called me tonight and it is real. I should have known that it was, he never does things half way. He told me that I would need to add it to my home insurance policy and he will bring the Certificate of Authenticity when he comes in March. I am literally blown away and very very touched.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:23 pm My wendy's has senior drink for free, and we buy a"frosty" card for $2.00 and can get a free frosty when we go in and buy anything else.

IC
IC thank you for the information but I doubt I will be going back to Wendy's. I am a diabetic and need to watch my sugar. Plus I really did not care for the food. Glad you mentioned the free senior drink since my aide told me she was charged for her fries but not he drink. I will tell her that tomorrow when she comes. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm Update:

Went to Walmart and picked up my two prescriptions and it was a busy place. Everyone was buying Valentine candy and cards. I needed some Jewelry Cleaner and paper for my printer, picked that up while I was there. A ream will do me a year and if I'd stop printing off everything, probably even longer than that.

Got a very nice surprise in the mail today, Mr. B sent me a beautiful card & pendant for Valentine's. It has a lot of sparkle to it and since I can't tell real diamonds from fake don't know if it's real or not, but it sure is pretty regardless. He is one of the most thoughtful men I've ever met. He doesn't forget any occasion.

I've gotten a little bit of decluttering done, taking a luggage set, old stand mixer I found in my serving dishes closets that actually works that I had forgotten I had, a blender, a vaporizer, and several sets of placemats and napkins that no longer match my colors to Goodwill tomorrow. Next, I am going through the clothes closets.
Oh what a lovely surprise!!